• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CRAZY TESSERAS !!

Going off on a tangent, does "borderless," as in borders not there describe it best, or is it more like faint or hypo or don't show up visually very well borders? On lavas, the border is there, it's just purple or gray, which blends in with the red.

But when Catherine said borderless, I "heard" whatever you called the gene that piers have, that wipes the side pattern completely. Which a lot of bloodreds have.

Walter, are there any complete, "normal" dorsal stripes on any of the tesseras in the clutch, or all they all broken?

And maybe related, maybe not, is that "static" side pattern. Remember that tessera I got from you, the normal het/poss het everything? He's got that side pattern- that's what drew me to him.

Very nice aberrants, Walter! I like these extreme ones too!!

As discussed before, it seems that Tesseras that come from parents carrying the Bloodred trait show this crazy pattern for some odd reason.....why, I have no clue :shrugs:

I've reat that hypothesis a couple of times in the past 2 years, but my tessera breedings don't verify that thesis.

2012: Ghostblood het Charcoal x Tessera = regular Tesseras
2013: Tessera het Ghostblood x Ghostblood = regular Tesseras (just 2 in the clutch, one is Frankencorn)

I can post pics of the babies if you're interested.

I have the feeling these aberrant Tesseras are more a question of the lineage than of the bloodred genetics. I'll definately disagree with "all Tesseras with Bloodred genetics tend to aberrant pattern".

btw, fingers crossed for an EXTREME abberant Caramel Tessera!!!!

Going off on a tangent, does "borderless," as in borders not there describe it best, or is it more like faint or hypo or don't show up visually very well borders? On lavas, the border is there, it's just purple or gray, which blends in with the red.

But when Catherine said borderless, I "heard" whatever you called the gene that piers have, that wipes the side pattern completely. Which a lot of bloodreds have.

Walter, are there any complete, "normal" dorsal stripes on any of the tesseras in the clutch, or all they all broken?

And maybe related, maybe not, is that "static" side pattern. Remember that tessera I got from you, the normal het/poss het everything? He's got that side pattern- that's what drew me to him.

Nanci,
What Catherine is talking about when she says "Boarderless" is that the typical Blotch boarders are not there. Here are 4 of my Lava's that fall in that catagory:

Pic. 1 ) Lava
Pic. 2 ) Topaz - showing very little boarder flecks here and there
Pic. 3 ) Topaz - showing none
Pic. 4 ) Lava Lavender

As you can see these are pretty much "Boarderless"

To answer your aother question, they pretty much all have some kind of abberancy in their patterns. None with complete unbroken striping.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 59
As discussed before, it seems that Tesseras that come from parents carrying the Bloodred trait show this crazy pattern for some odd reason.....why, I have no clue :shrugs:

I thought it could possibly be a het "marker" for Bloodred, but then again not all of them display this abberent pattern.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Very nice aberrants, Walter! I like these extreme ones too!!

I've reat that hypothesis a couple of times in the past 2 years, but my tessera breedings don't verify that thesis.

I'll definately disagree with "all Tesseras with Bloodred genetics tend to aberrant pattern".

Thanks Stephan !!

As you can see in my own quote, I didn't say or think ALL of them do. You just didn't quote all of what I wrote.

What Catherine has mentioned does kinda put 2 and 2 together. Now, wether this is the actual factor here, can't say for sure.
Of course breeding trials would have to be done to determine this to hold true or not.

Thanks, Walter! :)

Yes, the reason I'd say all bloodreds don't produce aberrant tesseras is because not all bloodred lines are also carrying the "borderless" gene. The best ones usually are, but we've all seen bloodreds that, at maturity, still carry the saddle borders that don't diffuse nicely.

Back