• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cribo Eggs Today!

Dale

Interventions won't work
My first Drymarchon clutch, after years of Indigos, my first venture into Cribos and my big girl is doing good work. 7 so far, 5 beauties and 2 slugs. Think she's got a few she's still working on. Loving these big, sandpaper coated gems.

Attachments

• KSYTC.jpg
    KSYTC.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 79
How awesome! I was JUST catching up with my herp buddy who keeps talking me out of a mussarana or however you spell it. It came up again even today... kinda the ultimate garbage disposal. But I react so badly to hognose bites, and I've never even taken a good chewing. All indications are I stink at being envenomated.

But let me know when those hatch.

Thanks. She finished late last night with a grand total of 9 viable and 5 slugs. From observing her while she was carrying, I was hoping for 3 to 4. To say I was pleased would be an understatement.

Brilliant.... They would go down a storm over here....
You must feel quite chuffed at the first part of this venture..
I'll keep a look out for further news.

Nice!

When I used to breed eastern indigos when I lived in Maryland, I usually had to get the babies started feeding on gold fish or toads. Not sure how different cribos will be, but hopefully they are more inclined to go right onto mice without a lot of fiddling.

Can't wait to see pics of the babies. Somewhere around here I've got a pic of my holding a handful of newly hatched baby indigos that hatched out on my birthday. That was a GOOD day. :D

How awesome! I was JUST catching up with my herp buddy who keeps talking me out of a mussarana or however you spell it. It came up again even today... kinda the ultimate garbage disposal. But I react so badly to hognose bites, and I've never even taken a good chewing. All indications are I stink at being envenomated.

But let me know when those hatch.

Mussurana :cheers:

But they are soooo unlikely to ever bite though! :D

Here is my girl:

Attachments

• mussy.jpg
    mussy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks all. Rich, the male Eastern I got from you way back when was a goldfish eater. Once home, he spent 2 weeks on the fish, 2 weeks on scented, then right to plain rodents and never looked back. Not so bad. From what I've heard, the Cribo babies come with the same baggage, some, not all.

The excitement on producing these guys far outweighs the potential high maintenance... now if I had 5 clutches, I might be singing a different tune ;)

Nice!

When I used to breed eastern indigos when I lived in Maryland, I usually had to get the babies started feeding on gold fish or toads. Not sure how different cribos will be, but hopefully they are more inclined to go right onto mice without a lot of fiddling.

Can't wait to see pics of the babies. Somewhere around here I've got a pic of my holding a handful of newly hatched baby indigos that hatched out on my birthday. That was a GOOD day. :D

Congrats Dale!:dancer: I bred easterns back in the late 80's. I had 2.5 adults & it didn't take long before the high metabolism rates burnt me out.:laugh:

Thanks all. Rich, the male Eastern I got from you way back when was a goldfish eater. Once home, he spent 2 weeks on the fish, 2 weeks on scented, then right to plain rodents and never looked back. Not so bad. From what I've heard, the Cribo babies come with the same baggage, some, not all.

The excitement on producing these guys far outweighs the potential high maintenance... now if I had 5 clutches, I might be singing a different tune ;)

Just don't be tempted to use wild caught minnows. One of the guys I sold a baby indigo to back then brought it back to me to ask about some odd lumps showing up between the scales. I looked it over and said to him, "Mike, I know this sounds strange and I can't see how it is possible, but it looks like parasites." He looked kind of sheepish and then admitted that he was feeding the snake minnows he had caught locally. So no, NOT a good idea.

Mussurana :cheers:

But they are soooo unlikely to ever bite though! :D

Here is my girl:

What a beauty! I'd love to hear your take on them. I wish I could buy a pied and use it for cleanup and euth duty. But I have taken some pretty trivial bites from a baby false water and a few hoggies and had bad reactions. Not medical treatment bad (the FWC was close, though and tiny), so a hungry accident from a Mussuarana scares me in the "hot" kind of way. I take it your experience is that they pretty much just never bite?

Back