• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

damp hide question

erikamc

so, Lana refuses to use her damp hide. first I had a nice fancy one, then I tried a plastic container. I'm trying to find maybe a plastic container that isn't clear to try (all the ones I have come across so far are maybe too tall?). If I absolutely can not get her to use a humid hide, what else can I do? Her sheds haven't been pretty, but she's gotten everything off, except this last one, she has a little stuck. I even tried misting down the whole cage on this shed and it was worse:-/

I saw some where on here I think someone had hung a sponge from the top of their viv and they just added water to it to help with humidity. Great idea for a dryer climate. Do you have some thing rough in your viv for your snake to rub up to during shedding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny you should ask that. Previous sheds, the answer would be no. Just her hides and her ceramic water bowl. This shed, I put a brick in with her hoping it would help her get it all of in one swipe.

so, Lana refuses to use her damp hide. first I had a nice fancy one, then I tried a plastic container. I'm trying to find maybe a plastic container that isn't clear to try (all the ones I have come across so far are maybe too tall?). If I absolutely can not get her to use a humid hide, what else can I do? Her sheds haven't been pretty, but she's gotten everything off, except this last one, she has a little stuck. I even tried misting down the whole cage on this shed and it was worse:-/

I tend to wait until they go back to normal colours then spray the viv morning and evening until it actually sheds the skin in the coming days ..
Works without fail ...

Mine all use their humid hides. I use damp (not wet, really squeeze it out) sphagnum. If you are using something else, try the sphagnum. If you are using sphagnum and they don't like it try damp paper towels. Best wishes.

Mine all use their humid hides. I use damp (not wet, really squeeze it out) sphagnum. If you are using something else, try the sphagnum. If you are using sphagnum and they don't like it try damp paper towels. Best wishes.

I've tried sphagnum and paper towels. thought I might try maybe some eco earth next.

Back