• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona Reservations...

Nanci

Alien Lover
http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/

So if I knew I wanted to stay at the host hotel, and the rate was incredible for a Hilton on the beach, why didn't I make the reservation while the rooms were still available at the show rate??? Because I still want to stay there, only now it costs $100 more!! Nice!

Nanci

Yep. Those discount group rates always sell out fast.
Joe and I are staying at the Residence Inn up by the Daytona Airport. It is a few miles away, but I get a much better rate there and the rooms are bigger and come with a full size fridge.

I'm just going Sat/Sun, but there is a tortoise speaker I would have liked to hear Friday night...

Will you guys have moved by then?

Nanci

I'm lucky enough to actually live in Daytona :)

Maybe I'll see you all there? but i have no idea what any of you look like haha.

I am glad I got my room early!!
But now I got to figure out how to get there!!
I was going to fly into Daytona but it looks like the only big airline that flies in there is Delta. I would need like 4 connecting flights since I need to stop in Colorado to drop my son off.
How far is Orlando from Daytona?

TIM

I gotta see pictures of the show!!! Gosh I wish I could go but I will be lucky if I make it to Tinley park this year.

rockmonky said:
How far is Orlando from Daytona?

TIM

Only 56 miles, plus that's where a million car rental places are. It's usually cheapest to fly to Orlando of anywhere in Florida.

Nanci

I've been in Daytona all my life and take it from me... you wouldn't like flying into Daytona. Not only is it alot more expensive to fly into or out of Daytona, there aren't very many car rental places and they're all more expensive than alternatives near Orlando. Also, Daytona International doesn't get very busy so TSA does an extra thorough job...

Orlando is not that far away from Daytona, only about a 40 minute drive down I-4 and you're here. Just head east till your feet get wet and you can't miss us :bang:

-Eric

Nanci said:
Will you guys have moved by then?

Nanci
:shrugs: I'm still looking at houses... Found a restored historic one in Winter Haven built in 1920, It's a 3/2, two story that even has a detached in law apartment for Katie, pool, and a workshop for the snake room... Everything I'm looking for, but they're taking their sweet time getting back to me... Found a few more I have to look at too, but buying a house isn't something I want to rush into just because my brother and I have a 1 1/2 hour drive to work...

Oh no....wife is gonna kill me for not getting the Hilton! Yikes....

I need to scramble now to get a place....

Nanci said:
There are still vacancies there, Jeff- at $199/night!!

Nanci
I saw that....don't know if that is quite worth it. I've already invested in the table ($300), extra badge ($10), FL wildlife permit ($50) and then there is the travel to get there. Do I really need to stay across the street at that plush hotel? :shrugs:

MohrSnakes said:
I saw that....don't know if that is quite worth it. I've already invested in the table ($300), extra badge ($10), FL wildlife permit ($50) and then there is the travel to get there. Do I really need to stay across the street at that plush hotel? :shrugs:
Lets ask your wife... :grin01:

Hey - if anyone needs help looking for flights or hotels - PM me and I will give you my email address. For my day job I work as a corporate travel agent so I can look stuff up for anyone. Only problem is - my company requires that we charge a $10 service fee for anything I book. But if I find a deal I can always point you in the right direction - which hotel chain or airline is offering it etc.

Also - for anyone going - last year we had a dinner get together on Saturday night at Whistle Junction in Daytona. A group of us are planning on doing it again this year so if anyone would care to join us - keep an eye out for threads as we get closer to the show date.

I guess, after the phone call hubby took today from our friends that he's critter-sitting for (verifying the show dates, etc), that I can safely assume I'll be at the same place I was last year, which is part of their "time-share vacation thing"...Sunterra Daytona Beach Regency, 2 bedroom suite (may have to take the kids this year), and just within walking distance from the show...all for just some of hubby's time feeding some critters and collecting some eggs (which we also get to keep and eat). Sometimes, friends can be very wonderful!

I did the same thing with the Hilton. I thought a month an a half would be plenty of time. But I did book at the Mayan, it's only a few seconds down the road and about 40.00 cheaper than the Hilton a night.....so more money to spend on snakes.

Just a suggestion to those of you that are going to the same place, but don't know what each other looks like. In case you'd like to say hello to each other, wear a little stick on name tag with your website user names.
Have fun ! :wavey:

Back