• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do these snakes react to hot weather?

Dennis Cada

The past few days my snake has been rather active, slithering around his terrarium much more than usual. I'm wondering, could it be because of the weather? The weather has been really nasty the past several days, no thunder and very little rain but hot, humid, and the air stinks a bit. TG I have AC in my bedroom but not where the terrarium is.

actually they can get too hot. Too hot is just as bad as too cold.

Optimum temps are 1/2 of the cage at about 74 degrees and 1/2 of the cage at about 85 degrees. That way the snake can pick a cool spot or a warm spot as he wants too.

If your temps are too high and you don't provide a cool spot, then the snake will get stressed.

In the wild, they are able to seek out warm and cool spots as they need to and they should still be able to do this even when caged.

Back