• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do yours do this?

blodisnut

8 Herps and Counting.....
I have my baby corns in 2 separate tanks(after all told me to separate the sexes...Thanx..BTW) and in both tanks I find my little guys wedged inbetween the tank lid and the rim. They all do this at various times of the day. I have a feeling that these guys and gals are going to be escape artists.

Mine used to be up there every day, all day. Now, a couple months later, he's only there from time to time. I bet when I graduate him to a bigger tank, he'll be there all over again.

Just out of curiosity, what are the surface temps in your enclosure?

This behavior may be caused by the snake seeking a cooler temp zone rather than trying to escape. Just something to check..............

Mine do that, but I think it is just because they're trying to get out :p I don't have any outside heat source, so I know that isn't the problem. So, I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure there are no little openings for little escape artists to disappear out of.

My male does that he seems to like being up there. My female used to hang on the edge as well til she got too big to fit up there :)

Mine does it occasionally... it frightens me a bit when he falls from the top (he doesn't seem to realize that he can't really get down once he climbs up there). I'm always afraid he's going to hurt himself, but he seems to be pretty hardy.

I'm still glad that he does it less frequently now that he's older, though :)

mine still manage to hide up on the ledge, they just like being there an some times theyre elsewhere, the snake usually does whats best for it mine even swim!!

Wow! other people sleep with their snakes!

I hear them all falling all night long, don't even think about it any more. One time I took the lid off and the sweet heart went flying... I was in a hurry and didn't look first. Everything was AOK but I wonder sometimes when other members talk about losing and they don't know how, if maybe, just maybe there were on the top and when the owners took the top off didn't notice until they scooted away. A kinda 007 type of escape. Sam ~~~~~~~~:~

Back