• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Does it hurt when you get bit?

PansyPerfect

Demonic Dreamer
I know im going to sooner or later i just want to know if it hurts when they get older. I dont even care if she does now.. Shes too tiny for me to really care..
And as soon as i can hold her ill post some pics..
I need to know for sure what she is anyway.. :p

It's not too bad to be bitten by an adult. I was bitten by my 5 year old cornsnake yesterday and it didn't ever require stitches. I still throbs a little but nothing I can't handle with Tylenol. I had an albino that bit me last year and I ended up spending the whole afternoon in the Emergency Room but they didn't keep me over night.

I don't worry too much about it.

That's it, Wade? Geez, I had to spend two days in the hospital with IV antibiotics and it was still touch and go as to whether or not I'd lose my finger. After six months, I'm starting to get a bit of feeling in my hand again.

So no, the bite's not too bad.

:roflmao: I'm totally joking with you. It's about like a kitten bite, but it's startling, that's all. ;)

You’re lucky you didn’t get Necrotizing fasciitis. I’ve heard of people loosing whole hand and even arms. Imagine if one got ahold of your face.

That's it, Wade? Geez, I had to spend two days in the hospital with IV antibiotics and it was still touch and go as to whether or not I'd lose my finger. After six months, I'm starting to get a bit of feeling in my hand again.

So no, the bite's not too bad.

:roflmao: I'm totally joking with you. It's about like a kitten bite, but it's startling, that's all. ;)

Oh my god! You scared me! Lol i was like oh my god I dont want to lose a finger!

Oh man Lori you're such a kidder, don't sugar coat it, the boy needs to know the truth.

Tell us something we didn't know.

Pansy...let me start over.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm the only sane one here.

Thanks,
I hope i dont look like a boy :mad:
And im not a sissy, Im sure breaking your ankle is worse than being bitten by a corn snake and yeah breaking your ankle hurts like a bitch but its nothing to cry over.

LMAO! No, you don't look like a boy. Wade just has these....moments....you know? Nothing to worry about. :laugh:

LOL...you guys are hilarious! My 17-yr-old is constantly getting bit by the bigger snakes (tho, they never seem to bother anyone else...just him! I tell him he must smell like rat to them.), he has to SQUEEZE the area to even get any blood out of it!

And yes, a puppy or kitten's bite is worse than a snake. Sometimes they just like to hang on for awhile is all. ;)

LMAO! No, you don't look like a boy. Wade just has these....moments....you know? Nothing to worry about. :laugh:

Ok good, Everyone I've seen or read on the internet said it hurts but nothing horrible then he says its like going through child birth im like damn. Is everyone lying?

It really doesn't hurt much at all, but like I said, it's startling, and if you really jerk, you can end up pulling out one of their tiny teeth. Once you get used to it, you'll find yourself yelling for someone to get the camera before prying them off.

You’re lucky you didn’t get Necrotizing fasciitis. I’ve heard of people loosing whole hand and even arms. Imagine if one got ahold of your face.

Aw come on, wussy. It didn't hurt! And that was from a pretty good size adult, too! :roflmao:

In my experience with snakes,I've only been bitten once. That was by my 5 1/2ft female boa. Didn't hurt at all. Just scared the crap outta me. I think a cat or puupy bite would hurt much worse though wouldn't be as much startling.

Ok good, Everyone I've seen or read on the internet said it hurts but nothing horrible then he says its like going through child birth im like damn. Is everyone lying?

LOL...yes, they are messing with you. Kinda' like freshman hazing, I guess.

Tho, I *am* wondering why you would think that your little baby will eventually bite you? You planning to hand feed it when it's older or something?
Normally, a "pet" corn that gets handled quite a bit (talking in comparison to a breeder, mynd you) isn't predisposed to biting...takes some agitation, if you know what I mean. (Or, say, you forget to wash the smell of rodent off of your hand before trying to pick up a very hungry snake!)

Back