• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

does this anoy anyone else

nickcorns85

on facebook i keep seeing the term carolina corn snake being used for all normal corns and this is really driving me nuts

There are a variety of terms for normal. I usually just say normal, but some people prefer classic or Carolina. It doesn't really bother me unless the person/business using the term is trying to deceive people into thinking they're getting something other than a normal.

There are a variety of terms for normal. I usually just say normal, but some people prefer classic or Carolina. It doesn't really bother me unless the person/business using the term is trying to deceive people into thinking they're getting something other than a normal.

I agree, it doesn't bother me too much unless they are trying to make it seem like something it isn't.

The one that DOES get me though is when I read "Albino" corn snake. It causes SO much confusion... a lot of "pet" snake owners call their Snow an Albino. I like the term Amel personally, it leave it less open for interpretation...if we could teach the world we call them Amels and the white ones can actually be a number of different things I'd be happy :bird:

to me carolina is too much of a locale name to be used for all normals, i remember when carolina and classic applied to snakes that had a more okeetee look

I agree that it is a little annoying, but like said above, not nearly as irritating as people calling their snows albinos!

I use Carolina phase for Wadjet because she has the dark, okeetee-look, but doesn't have nearly as thick of borders as an Okeetee phase would. She's a straight-up normal, but she's much more red than wild-type corns around here, who have more a brown base color. There's such a range of colors in "normal" corns.

I agree, it doesn't bother me too much unless they are trying to make it seem like something it isn't.

The one that DOES get me though is when I read "Albino" corn snake. It causes SO much confusion... a lot of "pet" snake owners call their Snow an Albino. I like the term Amel personally, it leave it less open for interpretation...if we could teach the world we call them Amels and the white ones can actually be a number of different things I'd be happy :bird:

I was actually going to say that! I do find that much more annoying.

I don't mind when people call their corn snakes "Carolina, I use "classic", which I feel is a much better term than "normal" and doesn't make people feel their snake is boring.

I hate when people use albino to describe any corn snake too. Technically it's correct to call both an Amel and a Snow "albino" but it's so confusing and usually a term used by people who don't know much about their snake, or pet shops that don't know much.

I also hate vague terms used by pet shops like "black corn snake" to describe anery.

theres nothing boring about a nice looking normal to me if i was able to breed this would be what i would be focusing on because there are enough breeders breeding for the morphs i myself am a fan of top of the line red orange and black normals infact thats what i have 1 normal that in person looks like 1 of his or her parents could have been an okeetee only his borders are incomplete and my little late 2013 extreme okeetee i think they would bake nice looking babies together in a couple years

Nick, if you wold please use punctuation (at least periods), it would be much easier to read your sentences. I'm not criticizing you, but I had to read that paragraph four times to figure out what you were saying.

Nick, nothing against ya here man, but I've been out of college for 8 years and high school for 14. At work I deal with customers from Russia, Turkey, UK, Ireland, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Germany, ad nauseam via primarily email for 12 hours a day in order to keep major airlines in the air. Punctuation is a must. And even with said countries English language barriers it is still needed and utilized. I'd read the above 3 times trying to mentally digest it.

I was going to say this is getting off topic, then I realized this is a thread about things that annoy you. lol

Lack of punctuation is definitely high on my list! I hate run on sentences.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

sorry i type faster than i can think.

I totally do the same thing. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a little 'preview post' button or 'go advanced' button at the bottom of the reply box. I literally use it every time I post, because I frequently skip small words and my space bar is sticky, so it's a nice feature to go over and reread what you've written. Plus, making myself read it twice sometimes alerts me to how weird my wording is, so I can change it around.

no but now that i know it bothers people that bad i'll pay more attention. a bunch of my buttons stick and i leave out letters all the time.

Back