• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Early introductions

Janine I know I have not bred yet, but this thought is coming from having had children. Would you maybe want to slit that egg open a bit more, so that the umbilicus does not get pinched by the egg and then not allow the snake to absorb it?? If that did happen could it cause the baby to die from lack of needed nutrition etc. like with us humans??

Just my thoughts and wonderings, esp. so that if it ever happened to me in the future I would know what to do.

It certainly does, Sue, even the packs of glass tealight holders would work out pricey for this many babies, and then you'd have to store them away each year. I thought it was Bitsy, sorry I'd forgot it was you who told me.

No need to apologise, it doesn't matter who gave you the tip, as long as it works for you! I've built up a nice collection of the little tealight candle holders over the years, to the point where I've got a couple of hundred now, which means I can give the hatchlings a fresh bowl at every water change and still only have to clean them once a week ;)

Looks like there's some pretty intense colour on some of those hatchlings and I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics once they've shed :)

Here's the first of the bloods het granite to emerge. I'm not sure what to do with the leaking egg though, I've never slit eggs except to look at the DIE hatchlings.

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 51
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
I've managed to cut a window in the top of the leaking egg, now I'll leave it alone to see what happens.

The leaked egg was smelling, the fluid looked clouded and no movement at all, it was DIE. The hatchling must have killed itself when it cut through the umbilicus. Only 2 still to hatch from Pearl's clutch, and hopefully a few days before my last clutch will pip.

Last edited:
Pearl's given me 2 granites! I'm not sure if it's retained sperm from last year's mating with Bonanza or if this means Little Joe is het aneury. I'll leave them until the morning for the last 2 to hatch, but these are monster babies again! Her clutches may be small but each baby comes out huge.

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 41
So after admiring Pearl's babies, it was time to set up the rest of Kate's clutch. I had great fun getting each zippy little monster weighed and into its tub. So the total of my het Christmas beauties is 21 perfect hatchlings.

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 42
Then I had to play incubator tetris to fit the tubs in a sensible order, cleaned out Sundance's clutch and (hopefully) fed the 10 that didn't eat first go (I'll check them later tonight). And took a peek at Polly's clutch.........

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:
To find this lovely sight, pipping!

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 60
My first Vinman old school blood is out!

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 55
And even better, here's another! I'm not sure if it's a hypo blood?

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
I think there's only 3 of Polly's clutch left to emerge, but the last 2 of Pearl's haven't even pipped. I'm not sure if they got rolled so I'll give them a few more days before I give up on them.
Annie's clutch are shedding, so I'll try feeding them tonight.

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks, I'm really over the moon!:dancer:
Pearl's last 2 eggs were smelly, when I checked they were DIE, both having cut into their yolks during pipping (2 perectly formed granites). So only a small clutch from her but all that came out are beautiful, 2 granites, 4 blood het anery. I think I'll give her next year off. Now I know Little Joe is het anery.

Back