• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feedin time at my "zoo".. Sorry long post...

blodisnut

8 Herps and Counting.....
I fed my corns tonight, and after playing with the camera I thought I would show off my little guys (and Gals).
The First is Silent Bob. He and his buddy Jay got their names due to the posters of their namesakes(the blueprints from Mallrats.. Great conversation starter)
attachment.php

The next little dude is the escape artist. Hiltz I named him. I have had him for less than 2 months, and he has gotten out twice!!! He is a Miami Phase mixed with a candy cane. A real beaut! Hiltz was the name of Steve Mcqueens character... the escape artist.. from my favorite movie, The Great Escape
attachment.php

The next one is Jay. He is the regular ole ratsnake, as was sold to me at the pet shoppe. I like him. He is a good lil dude. Very chill, great to handle, and eats like a dragon. He will be a great one all right. His name explanation is above
attachment.php

The next little one is the latest to the collection. My roomie and I were at the Lee Watson swap, and they were all wanting to go home, and he saw a snow, but this one stood out, due to its color. A great crimson corn... He wanted to name it after his girlfriend, Whitney, which I and everyone thought was cheezy, but him. He drove from chicago to Tn, to see her at school, and the whore was cheating on him once again, and had a new boyfriend. Now I agree that the snake should be named for her, and I have dubbed it "pincushion"... I mean what other than she has seen more pricks than a pincushion? :shrugs:
attachment.php

This last one was named Parciphany. Whitney..aka pincushion named her, so now I feel the need to rename it. I havent picked one, so any cool names that you may have that would work for me, please suggest away!!!She is a snow/ candy cane mix. What a great find! another Watson swap find!
attachment.php

I also have in my "zoo" a male water dragon named Godzilla. I hated the name, but that was a whitney buy, and she named it. He was called little dude, for he was awesome when he ran all over the house on his hind legs. Cant wait for him to get big and eat pinkys!!!
Then we have Al Delsalvo. He is my Ball Pyhton. I named him after the Boston Strangler! I got him after Mark and Whit got the dragon. It was my tank that they were using, and I had 2 others....So I got the Ball at Petco, and he seems pretty healthy. He has gotten out once, out for a week, and found in the radiator.. Then I thought he got out, was "gone" for 2 weeks, then when cleaning out the cage, I found him inside a branch thing I have in his tank. Phhew!
Then we got crazy. We live close to the Lee Watson Reptile swap, so we have gone since we have had critters..
We have also acquired many new tanks and critters...
Joining us at the first swap we went to, were Hiltz and until recently Parciphany( please give me a cooler name!!) Those I got. Mark got a bearded dagon, which we named Dusty Gibbons, after the legendary member of ZZ top that had a nice BEARD.. get it? Plus they drive pimp assed hotrods, so I figured that would be a good name.
The other pickup was the Chameleon. He will become blue when fully grown, and is just cool as hell. We got into the car, and he started looking about, and mark called him the Ultamate Dude, so I thought that Spicoli was the perfect monniker.
The latest buy was Vinny Baggadonuts, my red tailed Boa. He has a Goatee, so I thought that Vinny was perfect, then Pesci's character in my cousin vinny.... The name was born...

I have ADD so pardon the Million mile post, and pardon fellow Adders that wont be able to read this whole thing( then why am I apolog... uh, never mind) but there is a point! I want a name for my one female. She is the last one pictured, and I figured if I share my mentality towards naming critters, that this would help.

Thanks for playing my game, and to all a good night!

Attachments

• SB with pink.JPG
    SB with pink.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Hiltz 914.JPG
    Hiltz 914.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 67
  • jay 914.JPG
    jay 914.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 61
  • pincushion takes pinky.JPG
    pincushion takes pinky.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 68
  • Fcorn eats 914.JPG
    Fcorn eats 914.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 61
You can always stuck with the whole Kevin Smith thing and name her Amy (as in Chasing Amy) I have problems coming up with names too, so I just try to go with appearance if I can't think of anything else. My female blood is Sangria (spanish fo blood) my pastel ghost is Haze just cuz his colors are really hazy and my female ghost is Stormy (that was her name when I got her). My amel okeetees are Oz and Dorothy (don't ask...it was a phase...) My sunglow motleys are Link (cuz the only 2 full saddles he has on the tip of his tail form an L, and I love the video game) and Zelda (cuz it matched him) My candycane is Precious (she was my first!...she's going on 12) and My amel bloods are Chaos and Serenity. My snows are Sleet and Snow. Then My bearded dragons are Spike and Ducky (off land before time) Spike is fat, lazy, and kinda dopey, so it fit him perfect. I got him before I got Ducky, and I thought it just fit him. My albino Burmese are Pride and Joy (that was my fiance's idea...) And he has a 22 year old yellow rat snake named Cleo. At one point, before I downsized, I had 23 adults, and at one time 47 hatchlings. The hatchlings I didn't name (unless I kept them) since most were being sold, but it got so bad that some of my adults weren't even named. Thats when I figured I needed to downsize. She seems really pretty and petite...Gitzy maybe? I dunno...it takes me like months to come up with names. Thats why my snow male is just Snow...thats what I called him for so long cuz I didn't have a name for him...so it just ended up sticking. <----(Thats Serenity in my avatar)

Back