• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding frenzy fun :)

Cegninedorf

Twang'em into trees!
I was taking photos for a feeding slideshow to show my students what it looks like for their classroom snake -- for whom we've almost got a name! Otherwise, his name is Fritz with me -- and then I decided to do the same for my other snake, Maizie, who also was feeding tonight. It was funny, though...Maizie took one of her/his fuzzy's head first, which meant that the feet came at the end...to hilarious results, I thought. :)

First, Maizie has what I call "footy wings" coming out of her/his mouth...:p
maiziefootywingszo4.jpg

The, Maizie decided to play "peek-a-boo!" with the fuzzy's feet! :)
maiziepeekabooiy5.jpg

Not to forget, Fritz thought that "2 heads are better than 1!"...
fritz2headsir6.jpg

And finally, Fritz gave me either a little yawn or a little burp...either way, satisfaction achieved. ;) ( I love the yawn! Maizie gave me a great one tonight, too...)
fritzyawnhw4.jpg

Too cute! Thanks for looking! :)

Too Cute

I think those are the cutest pictures (non posed) I've seen on this site - love the ones with the feet - great timing on taking those pics!

Hey, thanks, pkeafergus -- it was quite the modeling shoot, though...I took *a lot* of photos to show the feeding progression...Maizie and Fritz are just so darn cute, no matter what, though. :)

And, Fritz is named as such because I give my animals names that generally are foreign words that would describe the animal's appearance or personality and I cute-sify (if that can be my own special verb...which clearly illustrates how I play with languages!) them into names...however, my background is German and of all of my animals, I hadn't chosen a German name yet! I did pick one -- Schwarz -- which I changed into Schwarzi, but I dropped it after about 24 hrs because my boyfriend kept quoting Spaceballs ("May the Schwarz be with you!")...and it just didn't have the right feel to it. So, I went with Fritz. German, no significance, but it's cute & so is my lil'anery. :) Ta da. :)

The second pic a male ghost or a very light coloured anery? Pretty, and nice pic's!

Regards Tim of T and J

TandJ said:
The second pic a male ghost or a very light coloured anery? Pretty, and nice pic's!

Regards Tim of T and J

I was wondering the same thing as I was viewing those pics. I noticed that it has quite a bit of yellow on it's sides... :shrugs:

Lisa

TandJ said:

Regards Tim of T and J

Thanks...:) Fritz is my male anery from Terri/Corn Crazy...I had to Photoshop the photo a little to make up for a bit of lacking light, and while I tried to maintain Fritz's coloring because I knew someone observant would catch my deed, Fritz may have gotten lightened a bit, as well...not Michael Jackson-light, but a touch lighter indeed. :) Thanks again!

Silt said:
I was wondering the same thing as I was viewing those pics. I noticed that it has quite a bit of yellow on it's sides... :shrugs:

Lisa

Actually, Fritz does have quite a bit of yellow on his sides...that's *not* Photoshopped. :) Per Terri, this is his "pedigree": Anery A poss het lava, amel & stripe. Per me, I simply concur with whatever Terri says. :)

This is the same photo, non-Photoshopped:
fritzyawndarktf9.jpg

I only wanted to add more light to the background because to me, the picture felt so dark...the "shadow" was mostly my fault as I was trying to take lots of photos from different angles, and I didn't want to move his container while he was eating but the light was directly overhead and to the side and it was *me* that kept getting in the way of the light. :p

...but this is a photo taken last week in my classroom with pretty much only sunlight for lighting (the second the kids leave the room, I shut off the lights...I like it dark & quiet!)...you can see the yellow better there, along with his "au naturel" coloring. :)
fritzaunaturelaclassehq9.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Those are just about the cutest pics of a snake I have ever seen! Funny, too. Meh, my snakes never do anything that entertaining.

I'd show those pictures to my parents, but my parents don't think snakes are cute, unfortunately. The only picture of a snake my mom has ever said was "cute" was 'Zot in a Knot', a picture of a baby hognose. :grin01:

Back