• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding went off without a hitch! Mostly

Yuka

Okay so I fed a snake for the first time in my liiiiiife and it was nerve wracking. Stuck the mouse in a baggie, stuck the baggie in a yogurt container of cold tap water, once thawed I dunked the baggied mouse in hot water to give it a bit of "life", made the fiance put her in her feeding tote and tossed the mouse in after her and put the lid on.

Took about ten minutes for her to find the mouse and then eat it entirely. I even caught it on video. :D Thing is though, getting her in and out was heart attack worthy. I made Dom do it because he has faster reflexes than me so when she flinched (like FLINCHED. She hit the tank wall) he did too and it was kinda funny in a dramatic way with the way he flailed. And then when it was time to put her back, she freaking hissed. :| Though I'm surprised at how fast the mouse moves when it's inside her. Stared at her body for a good minute looking for signs of movement and seeing none. She's back in her tank now so she'll have time to recuperate from her ordeal lol Though I bet she's glad to have a full belly now.

The first time I tried feeding my corn snake I did it bare hand, she went right for it and it took me a couple of seconds to realize he had strike at the mouse. I panicked and shook off the mouse, it went flying to the other side of the tank. She was staring at me the whole time like "WHY YOU DO THAT FOR?" I just then left the mouse there and she ate it by herself.

The first time I tried feeding my corn snake I did it bare hand, she went right for it and it took me a couple of seconds to realize he had strike at the mouse. I panicked and shook off the mouse, it went flying to the other side of the tank. She was staring at me the whole time like "WHY YOU DO THAT FOR?" I just then left the mouse there and she ate it by herself.

LOL, oh that's funny

Glad everything went well. Not that there's any reason it shouldn't have, but I always have first feed anxiety with a snake. Like "Ok, it's the moment of truth. Are you gonna be normal or be the source of much headache and ulcers in my life?"

Glad everything went well. Not that there's any reason it shouldn't have, but I always have first feed anxiety with a snake. Like "Ok, it's the moment of truth. Are you gonna be normal or be the source of much headache and ulcers in my life?"

THIIIIIS. We were on the floor with her all like, "Is she gonna eat???" until she finally found the damn thing. And then it was like, "Is it gonna fit?!?!" cuz yknow, classic underestimating how far they can unhinge their jaws...which looks really trippy, just sayin'.

This was seriously soooo funny! My fiance and I are still cracking up!

If you're worried about the snake finding the mouse (but they will!) you can do tong feedings. As in, get a set of feeding tongs and put the mouse in while the snake is already in the feeding bin. I do it this way, and my corn knows... and watches... me as I put the mouse in and before it even hits the floor she has started swallowing it!
Corns may not be as visual of eaters as some other snakes, but sometimes they can be :)

I wasn't too worried lol. First I put the mouse in but then I was like NOOOO and took it back out THEN put her in and threw the mouse in after her. She smelled the spot where the mouse was before, was all confused for a moment, then found the mouse pretty quickly.

Back