• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding

Jtcorn

Got a question for everyone, went to feed my corn this morning and he wouldnt eat right away. He ate fine for me last week but acted like he wasnt interested this morning. I put paper towels down so he couldnt get the aspen in him, thats the only thing i did different this week, I didnt leave the food in the cage because i didnt wont him not to eat it and it just be setting there. But d hold him last night. Dont know if that has anything to do with it, I guess ill just try again tomorrow. Suggestions please. Thanks Joe

Try feeding at night and put him in a deli cup or any small tub with a locking lid. I use food storage containers(with holes in the lid) and leave him alone for 2 hours if he has not eaten then leave him over night like that.

Hi- first time I fed my snakes they both ate immediately. 2nd time (5 days later) only one ate. So, I waited 2 days (today) and tried feeding him again and he ate immediately.

I guess maybe another thing is he's not hungry? That's what people told me. I didn't try what Fatman said -sounds like a good idea though. I think next time, I'll try feeding both on day 6. I kind of like to feed on the same day so I'll do in between!

Yep. Just went back to feed and he took it right away but i was picking him up why he was trying to bite it and he feel off the pinky i guess it scarded him so now he wouldnt eat so i just put him in bowl with holes in the lid and put him in the cage with the pinky. Hopefully he will eat and then ill let him out. But i really dont feel comfterble leaving him in there all night

He will be fine in the deli cup all night- people ship snakes in them all the time, and the small space makes them feel secure. I usually will leave shy babies with a f/t pinkie overnight in a deli cup or shoebox sized enclosure over night. I also keep my babies on paper towels until they are eating consistently. :)

Thanks. Yep i put him in there last night for about an hour and after he was done i let him back in his cage. So worked out fine

If the feeding container you are using is clear plastic like a deli cup or a plastic lockable tub i've found that it works pretty well to also cover the container up with a towel or something of the sort. One of mine is a pretty finicky eater and covering the container seems to let her concentrate more on the mouse and eating than on whats going on outside the container.

Back