• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

feeding

abdurham

i have a 6-7 month old corn and he is about 21". i currently feed him a large fuzzy every 4 days. how big should i let him get before i spread the feedings to every 7 days?

Now! Every four days I think is pushing it. When do you handle the snake?
The norm is every five to seven for hatchling then every ten for I think yearling. What is the girth on the snake. let us know .

he doesnt look much bigger, if any, than snakes i have compared him to on this site, and when i feed him he will poop in two days and by the next day he gets ancy and is looking for more food. but i will slow down the feedings.

Hey abdurham, if you want scroll down to the jump forum section and check out the FAQ development forum. You will find more usefull information there.

Good luck.

abdurham said:
he doesnt look much bigger, if any, than snakes i have compared him to on this site, and when i feed him he will poop in two days and by the next day he gets ancy and is looking for more food. but i will slow down the feedings.

its up to you as to how often you feed. but might i ask how you can tell he is looking for food?

well i know i cant know what he is thinking but as soon as he sees his feeding container i can hardly hold onto him and he takes only a few seconds to nail the fuzzy so i know he is hungry.

Snakes are opportunist eaters. they will eat anytime you feed. Just because he's on the "hunt" is not a good reason to feed.

traditionally, snakes didnt use to have a gourmet mouse buffet with a selection of sizes and types. you can see why they'd hop on the opportunity?

Back