• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First pippies of this year for me

tompro019

Here are some pics of some pippies that hatched for me last night. Not sure what the black and grey one is. The dad is a snow and the mom was some kin od normal, or that is what I was told, her colors were not totally like a normal, but I am thinking they might have been het for charcoal or something, I am not sure, what do you think? Sorry about the picture quality, some were from cell phone.

Attachments

• pippies1.jpg
    pippies1.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 90
  • pippies2.jpg
    pippies2.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 90
I think I see snows and anerys. Congrats! If you post pics from the parents, a lot of people can say what they are.

Greets Tania

yea, I know the pink ones are snows, and I thought the others were anerys, I just don't know if it is the charcoal gene or not. I have 2 anerys and 3 snows right now, looks like I have 2 more anerys coming out of eggs right now, and 1 more snow. I look forward to seeing what that look like. Sadly the girl who layed these eggs has passed away. I think she was old when I bought her, she went from good one day to dead the next, she died about a week ago. I will see if I have any pics.

If the charcoal gene is in them, the father must be a blizzard or a snow het. charcoal. You said the mother passed away (sorry to hear that) because of age, so I don't think se had anything charcoal in her. The charcoal gene isn't known for that long I think.

Greets Tania

here are pics of the parents snow is male and other is female.

Attachments

• th_NormaladultF.jpg
    th_NormaladultF.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 87
  • th_SnowM.jpg
    th_SnowM.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 88
well that is my guess, I have no idea how old she was, she was about 4 1/2 to 5 ft long though. she died over night one night.

I don't know. It was just what came into my mind. She looks like a plain normal to me. Some good pics of the hatchlings may do the trick. You can see the difference between anery and charcoal in the eyes. (I can't but other on the forum can for sure)

Greets Tania

Charcoal is very common...However I do not think this is a factor in your clutch.

Clearer photos would definitely help in the identification of the darker hatchlings, as based on the first picture I see a normal, the second picture I see an Anery.

Based on the parents and what hatched, your Normal was het Amel & Anery (as you produced Snows). Snow x Normal het Snow produces Normals, Anerys, Amels and Snows. The Normals would be het Snow, the Anerys het Amel and the Amels het Anery.

well the pics are bad, but I think the dark ones are anery they both look the same black and grey. I have 4 or 5 more in eggs that should hatch, looks like there will be 2 or 3 more anerys.

Thank you just an update while I was away today 3 more hatched 1 anery, 1 normal, and looks like maybe an albino. At least 2 more looking to hatch.

Back