• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First Year Excitement

SarahP

Crazy Snake Lady Trainee
This is our first year breeding, and I am so excited I might pop.

I only have two pairs right now, but that's more than enough for newbies.

Lilith x Samael
(LBR crimson het amel x LBR miami mot het amel)
We have had 2 (3) successful locks with these two so far. 3/15/2013
Lily is blue as of 3/25/2013 -- eee!
Lily shed 3/29/2013!

Salome x Baptiste
(charcoal het plasma poss hypo x LBR anery/ghost het plasma poss hypo)

Have not gotten these two to lock yet. Baptiste is interested. Salome's not yet willing. 3/13/2013
Finally, a lock! 4/2/2013

Last edited:
Well, we finished up with 3 confirmed locks for Lily and Sam, the miamis. Lily has not eaten in a couple of weeks and is currently quite blue, so I'm hopeful. She's lost weight rather than gained, though (6g), so I'm watching her.

Salome is still not interested in Baptiste, though he tries every. single. time. I am beginning to wonder if she's actually a girl. XD. If I had another boy who would make interesting babies to try her with, I would, but I don't want to breed her just for the sake of breeding her. I'm frustrated because, of course, they're the pair I really wanted babies from. Poop.

Can you see me jumping for joy? Finally, -finally- got a lock for Salome and Baptiste. She made him work for it, though.

Lily has been hanging out in the lay box. We shall see what we see.

(This is so exciting!)

I never did get a picture of Lily and Samael, but I put Salome and Baptiste together again and remembered to take a picture. :)

salomebap2013_zpsa374c1ee.jpg

Lily laid her first egg today! This is the LBR crimson/miami motley pair.

Will take pictures when she's finished.

Eeee!

Did it look fertile??? Now try not to check her more than every few hours. I know it's difficult.

It looked good to me, yep! She laid it outside the lay box, which is why I spotted it, but it looked good.

No bugging her, right.

*pace pace pace* :)

Thanks so much for sharing my excitement!

We're at 9 eggs now, 8 of which look good. She laid 3 outside the lay box yesterday, so they're in the incubator, but there's what looks like a slug and 5 more good eggs in the box with her now.

My husband was hoping for six, at least, so we will see what we see.

Since she started early yesterday morning, I should give her until the end of the night tonight to take the eggs from her box, right? Or longer?

Just a little updating:

The miami x miami mot eggs have plumped back up in the incubator and look great after 19 days. The slug is still a slug, I'm pretty sure, but it's not gone foul, so it's still in the box (not touching the others).

Salome, my charcoal girl, is headed into a pre-lay shed, I hope. I have my fingers crossed. She and her boyfriend locked six times. Fingers crossed!

Salome shed today! Still have my toes crossed (typing with crossed fingers is hard), so I put a lay box in with her.

I love this post. It's so exciting. If it were any longer, I would break out the pop corn.

Thanks for sharing my excitement, everyone. :) If there's popcorn, though, we'll have to share.

Back