• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

flowing water?

neferandrobin

i love my Maizie!
does anyone have experience with keeping flowing water for their snake?...i tried doing a search but didn't find much..any ideas would be appriciated! :shrugs:

The closest thing I have to flowing water in my cage is a mister for my chondro, it sprays every 12 hours adding humidity to the enclosure and giving the little guy an additional water source. :)

Something like that could make the enclosure too humid for a corn, which can lead to health problems.

they sell waterfalls...

for reptile enclosures. they had one available to purchase at the narbc show in philly. i think it's mainly for presentation, not meant as an alternative to a water bowl.

I agree that a misting waterfall of similar will raise the humidity through the room for a corn, if humidity is a problem then use a fine spray bottle and spray dailly.

It's the habba mister, and yes it will raise the humidity in the tank (thats why I use it, but not for corns) however, to keep the humidity up careful restriction on the ventilation is used ... so I think if it were used in a typical set up for a corn or rat (aquarium, with screen top) the ambient humidity probably would only stay high for a very short time. Typically corns, even though some varieties come from VERY humid environments do not seem to require it in captivity- humidity is a tricky thing too much for some can cause problems and too little for others can also cause problems. fyi- chondros (green tree pythons) take water from their coils as well as from a water bowl- a technique a guess they developed in the rain forest. I've never seen my corn drink like that! :)

i'm not saying i would necessaraly use the mister with my corn (although if i did..i agree that there is enough ventilation that too much humidity would probably not be a problem, and i have a humidity gage) i just thought it sounded like a neat thing for some critters! Anyway, i would appreciate more thoughts on the idea of flowing water...Maizie never seems interested in water in her water bowl...but if i pour some...she's so cute wen she drinks! :p

Back