• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Frosted candy cane amel

limey

hi i am a cornsnakeoholic
Just seeing what you people think of this corn. Its been shipped all the way from Daytona to good old England, i believe it came from Stephen Roylance. IF it did i wouldnt mind knwoing if it is a pure corn. I have tried to e-mail stephen and then later i realised there has been some serouisly bad hurricanes over there (i hope you are all ok), so i am not expecting a reply anytime soon.
Thanks

Attachments

• strangecorn1.jpg
    strangecorn1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 91
  • strangecorn2.jpg
    strangecorn2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 89
  • strangecornandcomparsion.jpg
    strangecornandcomparsion.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 113
WOW, very nice it has zigzag traits in it. Never seen that before one so beautiful. Looks like some stripping aswel, Do you have a website were you got it, Id like to check it out?

It came from roylance reptiles in florida (at least thats what i have been told) try www.roylancereptiles.com. (ps he is a motley :) wiht a varible pattern his belly is very very clean but its not as interesting as his top so i didnt photo it ! :))

Frosted

The frosted candy cane amel would probably not be pure corn.
Stephen may still be without electricity and unable to answer e-mails at this time.
I would have to verify this through him but I believe the frosted lines to have spiloides (grey rat snake) in them.

I agree jimmy i certainly would not go claiming this little guy is pure corn till i get confermation that he is from stephen Roylance, i have scanned this forum for "frosted" corns and came across a thread by stephen that had frosteds on and he said then as far as he knew the frosted corns of his were pure corn (obvouisly wiht the exceptino of those he has marked as hybrids i assume) drived from rich z candy can stock and another corn. guess i just have to wait and see

great

If Stephen said his frosted lines were pure corn then there would be no doubt in my mind that they truly were pure corn.
Unfortunately there is another hurrican heading towards Florida and it could be quite a while before you can get in touch with him to varify that it is a Stephen Roylance Frosted Candy Cane Amel.
But it sure looks like his photo doesn't it?
I think the best way to solve the whole delima would be just send the snake to me and I will ask him the next time I talk to him...lol

I have several corns from Serpenco that have a frosted look to them. I know that Rich does not do anything "Hybrid" so I believe it is definitely possible to have the frosted look in a pure corn. Of course, that doesn't help you to determine the lineage of this one, though. :cool:

The original Miami Phase corn I got back in 1978 or so, that was a wild caught animal I picked up in a local pet shop in Miami, had the frosted look to it's dorsal blotches. So no, the frosted look is not automatically a signature of some sort of hybridization.

But on the other hand, even the term "frosted" has a lot of different meanings to different people.......

LOL Jimmy your only the hundreth person to offer such a service :). As for talking to Stephen i can assure you i am in no rush (i just hope stephen and every one else in the hurricanes path are ok) i just be glad if he can veriyfy this little guys hertitage before i breed him (so not for a long time although hes damned big for a 04 unless he was hatched early). I cant say i am keen on hybrids either (not because there hybrids but because of the potential breeding disasters), however this little guy might just change if he turned out not to be a pure corn.
thanks for all the help and feed back guys/girls

Back