• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Get yo' ropers out

Lucille

And dat cowboy hat dusted off.
The Grand Opening of my forum is imminent, and everyone is invited to a rowdy party to celebrate! Bear in mind that it will be in the low rent district way down on the seedy side of town at the very bottom of the list, so you got to be careful :roflmao:

I don't go to DYK, because I always have about 100 pages to read to catch up. Hopefully your forum will be easier for me to stay up to date on. I'll be one of the first ones up at the bar looking for my Captain and coke, and having a great time with you all.

Nancy, you don't have to keep up! It's like tuning in All My Children after you haven't watched for five years. Everything's mostly the same!!

I bet Lucille's forum is going to be much more entertaining!!

Nancy, you don't have to keep up! It's like tuning in All My Children after you haven't watched for five years. Everything's mostly the same!!

I bet Lucille's forum is going to be much more entertaining!!

:roflmao: Ive been so upset because Ive had to take my husband to work for the last week at noon! I miss half of the show!!!

Lucille, are you talking about real goat-ropers, or just your standard flat-heeled, round-toed, urban ropers?

Just today someone asked me "so what ARE ropers?" Thanks to this thread, we all now know that that they're boots...not your pointy toed, high heeled boots, but soft, flat, luxurious leather boots that lace up...and sometimes aka "lacers". I got mine in 96, so they're now almost 20 year old, and I swear, they're like a fine wine....just like that leather jacket that gets more comfy as it gets more worn. I'll never forget going and getting sized for them. I got them a little big and thought I'd regret it, but after gaining a shoe size with each child, I'm so glad I did...they fit so wonderully and are truly the most comfortable shoe I own. I'm no longer doing the "boot scoot boogie" or the "electric slide" but slipping into these babies is like coming home to warm apple pie and cocoa. They're not cheap, but they're worth every penny.

I'm heading to bed, and I think I'll wear my ropers as I doze off......

By a show of hands, how many of you guys know what Ropers are?

ropers.jpg

Show pix, and I'll compare them to what's in my closet. The boots, not the goats :roflmao:
Now, see, I know what kind Lori is talking about, but couldn't remember what precisely to call them. I never had any of those.

But, I am sure most would be surprised, I have three pairs of cowboy boots. A necessity in certain locales of north Louisiana. And if you have cows and horses.

Oh, and this is funny. The 3rd one down. Although 1 and 4 are pretty funny, too.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goat+roper

Actually at a rodeo the have the bull riding and the team roping events for the men. Then they have several events that women or usually teenage girls enter. They include the barrels, pole bending, and goat roping. Goat roping is similar to steer wrestling except instead of a running steer they use a goat that is staked out in the center of the arena. The girl races up on her horse, jumps off and throws the goat to the ground and hog ties it.

Back