• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting tired of it...

Well, I made it through about three pages of the Chat Thread and haven't started the Boa thread- that will be my work for the day tomorrow! I'll be doing paid research. :grin01:

Nanci

I'm a little late to this thread but I wanted to say that I've only been here a short time and have had a great experience so far. No one has been mean to me and I was surprised to see all the compliments I was given (reputation thing). I've even had members offer to mail me supplies and medicine for my sick baby snake. So while I'm sure some folks hate the trolls and loss of past members, people like me are grateful for the amazing folks that are still here despite any negativity.

SnakeNbake said:
I was surprised to see all the compliments I was given (reputation thing).

Because you're the funniest snake story writer ever!

_And_ you made a great rescue. _And_ rescued a pet store corn- hopefully that will have a happy ending.

Nanci

I knew I was going to catch some flake for what I posted. :rolleyes: But guess what, that's my opinion, and it's life that you have to deal with it.

Ruth, while I really like your analogy, I do not agree. If you look at what I said:

me said:
I think it was a very immature attitude shown how some individuals "took there ball and went home." Anyone else notice that a few of the personal forums have migrated to "the other cornsnake forum"?

Now, in that quote, where did I specify who I was referring to? Also, what is the definition of migration? Where also is my statement that you can not be a member of another forum if you are here?

You can not deny that some people are on the "other forum" just because they threw a fit and refuse to post here anymore.

Even if some members kept up there dual forums here and "there," they aren't posting the same information in this one, where more people frequent. I would like to keep up on the ACR, but I can't now. I would like to keep up with Carol's, CCCorns & others breeding plans for 2007, but I can't now. :shrugs:

A final note...Rich has enough problems over on Fauna that he has to deal with...I'm sure he does not want Cornsnakes.com to become a problem site as well. So when answering posts (even "silly" repetitive ones), keep it friendly or do not answer at all. :)

And guys...I find it really hard to read & comprehend that haiku stuff. :shrugs:

Thoughts on Chat

I'm not a chat room frequenter- here or anywhere else. But last week or maybe the week before, I thought I would just pop in and see what all the fuss was about. I did not pick a good night. A person came in shortly after I did- one snake had just died- and another expired as she frantically searched for answers.

In the midst of that, several people came in. If they'd hung out a minute or two before posting, they'd have instantly read what was going on, and not been posting light-hearted nothings. I learned that when one enters a chat room, likely it's best to get a feel for the current goings on before bursting in.

I think I've gone back a couple times. I don't know what it was like in the good old days, but it's kind of fun, now.

Nanci

lol! I just put that av up today so the compliments were on my personality..which is at least 8 shades of super awesome. :p

Plus I look weird and evil in that pic but my snake looks fantastic! He works out.

blckkat said:
And guys...I find it really hard to read & comprehend that haiku stuff. :shrugs:

Ah, someone who has not been infected!

Srsly! (I learned that in the Chat Thread)

Nanci

SnakeNbake said:
Plus I look weird and evil in that pic but my snake looks fantastic! He works out.

That's so amazing that your snake went from Sir Kills Alot to Sir Styles Hair Alot in such a short time. He just needed a little TLC, apparently.

Nanci

SnakeNbake said:
lol! I just put that av up today so the compliments were on my personality..which is at least 8 shades of super awesome. :p

Sorry, I guess I'll have to read up on your posts to see your personality.
But your eyes are still a Wow!. :grin01:

cornsnakekid92 said:
I tihnk it all started back with Elles thread about her new boa that got all hiijacked. If you want to go wayy back you could even go to the thread about me and my pelling when Dean put me in my place.

Blame cannot be pinpointed Chris.

And that particular thread had nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Nanci said:
Because you're the funniest snake story writer ever!

_And_ you made a great rescue. _And_ rescued a pet store corn- hopefully that will have a happy ending.

Nanci

Aw Nanci, you always make me smile. :)
Sir Killsalot is doing great. He still hates me but he has stopped actively trying to kill me. Now he just glares and makes random obscene gestures when I make eye contact with him.

The new baby is super sweet but getting her to eat is still a struggle. I wish she would let go of this silly dream of being a super model. I'm tired of watching her look at her reflection and then run crying into her hidey hole. :(

I gotta agree, those brown eyes...

are tops. But I like brunettes with brown eyes.
And a love for snakes as well. The perfect woman. :crazy02:

blckkat said:
I knew I was going to catch some flake for what I posted. :rolleyes: But guess what, that's my opinion, and it's life that you have to deal with it.
And vice versa, of course! I think you know that I respect you, Stephanie, so I'm not worried about how you'll view my statements. :)

You can not deny that some people are on the "other forum" just because they threw a fit and refuse to post here anymore.
Poke a frog with a live electrode, and you can call the response a fit, or you can just call it a response. If an organism, even a thinking, rational one moves away from an undesirable stimulus, what does it say about the organism? :shrugs:

Even if some members kept up there dual forums here and "there," they aren't posting the same information in this one, where more people frequent. I would like to keep up on the ACR, but I can't now. I would like to keep up with Carol's, CCCorns & others breeding plans for 2007, but I can't now. :shrugs:
Why the heck not? I really DO admire your loyalty to the Zuchowski sites, but have you signed some kind of exclusivity contract? I apologize for the comment if you have been black-listed from other sites in some way. Elle (Tulah) has been, and I can't say that I respect that... I will be addressing it.

A final note...Rich has enough problems over on Fauna that he has to deal with...I'm sure he does not want Cornsnakes.com to become a problem site as well. So when answering posts (even "silly" repetitive ones), keep it friendly or do not answer at all. :)
Poor Rich (boo hoo). Don't get me wrong-- considering the amount of Serpenco snakes that I have in my collection, and considering my personal respect for the man, you won't find me bad-mouthing him too severely. But he's only a man, and Fauna's problem's didn't spring up from some vaccuum from which he was absent...

Don't sweat it, my friend.
Discomfort spawns levity.
We're too serious. ;)

Stephanie,

I don't choose to argue, debate or defend my opinion. I am entitled to mine as you are yours.

But I am here as a contributing member to support this forum as I would support any other forum that I truly believe has a worthwhile purpose. That you find it inconvient, too time consuming or whatever your reason to not be able to keep up with forums or websites that hold your interest is not my cross to bear or anyone else's for that matter.

Whatever I choose to post in my personal forum here, there, or anywhere is exactly that...my choice...as long as that post is within the guidelines of the TOS of the site. I don't recall reading anywhere in that TOS that I must post duplicates in all forums I am a member of.

Free choice...and I choose not to debate...I personally would rather see harmony NOT division amongst those who can meet the challenge that will accompany this 'change' we seem to be facing here.

Ruth

cornsnakekid92 said:
If you want to go wayy back you could even go to the thread about me and my spelling when Dean put me in my place.
Hah! Yeah, I guess so. The best thing about your situation, Chris, was that I found out that you were not only very knowledgable, but that you were at least as smart as I am, and probably a good deal smarter. Your case is a testimonial to the efficacy of the Bad Roy/Good Dean method. ;)

Roy Munson said:
And vice versa, of course! I think you know that I respect you, Stephanie, so I'm not worried about how you'll view my statements. :)

Agreed, it is vice versa! I also respect you and your opinions. :)

Roy Munson said:
Poke a frog with a live electrode, and you can call the response a fit, or you can just call it a response. If an organism, even a thinking, rational one moves away from an undesirable stimulus, what does it say about the organism? :shrugs:

That's not very nice! :grin01: I vote for no poking of frogs with electrodes! :)

Roy Munson said:
Why the heck not? I really DO admire your loyalty to the Zuchowski sites, but have you signed some kind of exclusivity contract? I apologize for the comment if you have been black-listed from other sites in some way. Elle (Tulah) has been, and I can't say that I respect that... I will be addressing it.

O, I did not mean to imply that I was black-listed (from any site). As far as I know I have not been (who knows after my statements on this thread though). Nor have I sold my soul to Rich (Though now that you've said something...Hey Rich, I'll trade you my soul for a couple of Opal Stripes & Z's! :) ). Honestly, I hate having to jump to other unestablished sites just to get the information on a particular subject (or person) when I was able to get it right here. Really it's not so much of a problem if the information is updated on the website(s) of that or those that I am interested in, but it rarely is. The same BS happened when the Leo community high tailed it away from Fauna because of some people taking something the wrong way and a lot of other people falling in line behind them. I absolutly hate that. I don't frequent the "other" gecko forum very often unless something is brought to my attention.

Roy Munson said:
Don't sweat it, my friend.
Discomfort spawns levity.
We're too serious. ;)

While I could read that much better then those LONG ones...Discomfort spawns levity? :grin01:

Ruth, you didn't answer my questions...

Me said:
Now, in that quote, where did I specify who I was referring to? Also, what is the definition of migration? Where also is my statement that you can not be a member of another forum if you are here?

Ruth said:
Free choice...and I choose not to debate...I personally would rather see harmony NOT division amongst those who can meet the challenge that will accompany this 'change' we seem to be facing here

While in a perfect world, that would be great...But seeing what I have with the Leo community, I doubt it will happen. :shrugs:

SnakeNbake said:

I tried to resist, but I can't...

If you think you look "weird and evil" in that pic, than I am dying to see one you would consider a GOOD picture... :eek1:

If I wasn't so old and jaded, I would think I was falling in love...Great eyes, Great face, and loves snakes...what more could a guy ask for?? :shrugs: :sidestep:

P.S.--Don't worry...I'm not a stalker. Just single ;) :wavey:

Back