• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ghost Plasma or Anery Lavender Bloodred??

doogle

www.cymru-corns.com
Hi Everyone,

What are your thoughts on this little girl?

She came from a Ghost Bloodred het Lavender X Hypo Lavender het Anery Bloodred Pairing!

I think she maybe a Ghost Plasma as both parents are Homo Hypo! If she is an Anery Lavender Bloodred then one of the parents would have to be just het??

Any thoughts??

Here are a few pics from today!

gp3.jpg

gp2.jpg

Belly shot! Sorry not the best!

gp.jpg

Your threads always present such difficult puzzles! My _thought_, which is just that, is an anery lavender would have a much grayer-blue look, but who knows what adding blood to the mix does- since plasma babies are such a mocha/plum color when hatched. If you take lavender out of the equation and compare ghost blood to anery blood, the difference is obvious. The ghost blood is a pale peachy brown color, and the granite is contrasty gray.

But wait- if both parents are homo hypo, why do you even ask?? Shouldn't the question be is she a hypo plasma or a ghost plasma or a ghost blood??

Male: Hypo Granite (Ghost Bloodred) ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender

Female: Hypo Lavender ( Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery, Diffused

Phenotype:

1 / 8 Hypo het Lavender, Anery, Diffused
1 / 8 Ghost ( Anery, Hypo ) het Lavender, Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Lavender ( Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery, Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Diffused ( Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender, Anery
1 / 8 Hypo Plasma ( Diffused, Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery
1 / 8 Lavender Ghost ( Anery, Hypo, Lavender ) het Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Granite (Ghost Bloodred) ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender
1 / 8 Plasma Ghost ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender )

Of those three choices, to me, she just doesn't look like a hypo plasma or a ghost blood.

Your threads always present such difficult puzzles! My _thought_, which is just that, is an anery lavender would have a much grayer-blue look, but who knows what adding blood to the mix does- since plasma babies are such a mocha/plum color when hatched. If you take lavender out of the equation and compare ghost blood to anery blood, the difference is obvious. The ghost blood is a pale peachy brown color, and the granite is contrasty gray.

But wait- if both parents are homo hypo, why do you even ask?? Shouldn't the question be is she a hypo plasma or a ghost plasma or a ghost blood??

Male: Hypo Granite (Ghost Bloodred) ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender

Female: Hypo Lavender ( Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery, Diffused

Phenotype:

1 / 8 Hypo het Lavender, Anery, Diffused
1 / 8 Ghost ( Anery, Hypo ) het Lavender, Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Lavender ( Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery, Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Diffused ( Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender, Anery
1 / 8 Hypo Plasma ( Diffused, Hypo, Lavender ) het Anery
1 / 8 Lavender Ghost ( Anery, Hypo, Lavender ) het Diffused
1 / 8 Hypo Granite (Ghost Bloodred) ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo ) het Lavender
1 / 8 Plasma Ghost ( Anery, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender )

Of those three choices, to me, she just doesn't look like a hypo plasma or a ghost blood.

LOL. Sorry my threads do seem to ask a few puzzling questions lately! :bang: LOL

Just i know you guys over there are more advanced with morphs than the uk and this season has thrown me a few surprises!

I do agree with everything you have said and was thinking along the same lines but didnt want to say i have produced something that i have not! :)

I know the only true way of knowing is by breeding trials! But thats a long wait! LOL

I actually got a pair so be interesting in a few years! :bird:

Thank you again!

Just dug out some old pics of Mum and Dad! Wondered if this would help?

Ghost Bloodred het Lavender

Ghostlavender-11.jpg

Hypo Lavender het Anery Bloodred

lave1.jpg

Have you sexed the hatchling yet? It may not seem important, but IMO, both ghosts and lavenders/hypo lavenders show sexual dimorphism with the males generally being much more colorful than the females. That said, if it is a female, it could be either a hypo anery diffuse or a hypo lavender anery diffuse. If it's a male, I'm going with hypo lavender anery diffuse as I expect both a hypo anery diffuse and a hypo lavender diffuse to be more colorful. I don't feel it's a hypo lavender diffuse as even the females of those show more color.

Have you sexed the hatchling yet? It may not seem important, but IMO, both ghosts and lavenders/hypo lavenders show sexual dimorphism with the males generally being much more colorful than the females. That said, if it is a female, it could be either a hypo anery diffuse or a hypo lavender anery diffuse. If it's a male, I'm going with hypo lavender anery diffuse as I expect both a hypo anery diffuse and a hypo lavender diffuse to be more colorful. I don't feel it's a hypo lavender diffuse as even the females of those show more color.

Thank you Susan! Yeah i have sexed them now and have one female and one male!

They are from a trio so the mothers of the two clutches were sisters and with same hets! So i ended up having a male from one and a female from the other!

The pics above on the thread are of the female!

Here is a pic of the male i took yesterday!

15-1.jpg

Thank you again!

Back