• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

:( Ginger ran away from home

annacobb

I know there are numerous threads about this very subject but I'm very worried. I was holding her on the sofa and she darted. From my hands to under cushions to in the sofa bed in less than 30s...so I unfolded it and started taking the sheet off and she popped right off into the floor, then straight into a stack of moving boxes. I've been unpacking for 3 hours and I have to go to work soon, I thawed a pink and put the cats up, cut open a 20oz and before I leave I'm gonna turn off the lights and try to make it dark and quiet. I'm thinking of masking tape things stuck around the walls. I'm just going to worry like crazy and hope that this works out. Night shift has saved me before so hopefully when I get home shes out and about in her little night way and I can rescue her. I'm so mad at myself.

I'm going to the pet store now They're going to let me borrow a mouse, I'm thinking mouse in critter carrier in viv in floor lol...with a heat lamp. Were gonna see if this works.

Good luck. I know you must be worried, but lots of people on this forum have lost a snake and found it again. Keep us posted.

My home is a crazy place right now, I am trying like 2 of every suggestion i can think of lol. I dont have any glue traps but I did wrap cd cases in masking tape with a pink on paper in the middle, IDK if that will work but there are now 5 in each room and the whole family on patrol, They're checking each one every hour and calling me. Wait wait wait.

Do you have any masking or painter's tape to lay along the walls? If you only have really sticky packing tape, you can stick it a time or two to some carpet or fabric to get it not so sticky. Good Luck!!!

No sight of her. A friend suggested cranking the ac and making a lot of noise in the house except one room equipped with a space heater and our new mouse friend...the idea being to drive her in there...but I'm afraid she's gonna find her way outside instead. Worth trying?

No sight of her. A friend suggested cranking the ac and making a lot of noise in the house except one room equipped with a space heater and our new mouse friend...the idea being to drive her in there...but I'm afraid she's gonna find her way outside instead. Worth trying?

No...
Noise won't work. AC I would think would make it had even more.
I don't this you can "drive" them like deer.

If it still in your house.
Hunger will "drive" it out but that could take some time.

She's home! I found her about an hour ago in the laundry room drinking (first time I've ever been thankful for the leak) but there she was I walked in and flipped the light on and she went right into a hamper of towels...makes since...I haven't done laundry in about 5 days so its quiet and warm and there's water and places to hide. I had the door closed and didn't think shed go in there...hurmph oh well it worked out so yay!

Yay, I'm glad you found her!

My sister lost the cali king i gave her in a household with five cats...and found him safely two weeks later. Snakes are amazing!!

Back