• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Green corn

slangenbroed

i saw this two days ago
in the prasina curver the male wanted to bred the female, so i put in a corn to see what wil happen.And yes he took the corn.
sorry for the pic it was made with my telefoon.LOL

Attachments

• cornprasina.jpg
    cornprasina.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 461
Wow! I'd be very interested in seeing the hatchlings if you get offspring from them. I've seen a beauty snake x corn hybrid, but I don't recall any other crosses between North American and Asian colubrids.

I've tried a corn with my Rhino rat but they showed no interest. Keep us posted on your results. Good luck!

I would love to see what these babies look like. I was actually thinking of maybe trying this project in a few years. My boyfriend even picked out a name for what he would call the hybrid babies if they were a blend of amel with a prasina. Guess you beat me to it!

Wow! I'd be very interested in seeing the hatchlings if you get offspring from them. I've seen a beauty snake x corn hybrid, but I don't recall any other crosses between North American and Asian colubrids.

Are there any images of that?

It will be quite interesting to see the results of that pairing, and then to see if the F1 are capable of producing offspring!

I'm still hoping to get some F1's from my Russian ratsnake/corns next spring. I can't wait to see the prasina/corn.

I know Chuck Pritzel had been working on a Cave Dwelling Rat x Corn project, and after a few years, I believe the results were infertile eggs multiple times, I think he came to the conclusion that the species are too far removed for viability.
Might be worth messaging him about. I'm not sure how closely related the CD Rat is to the Elaphe prasina (Green bush rat snake).

Back