• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling active after feeding

Thunder38

Friday night I fed my new baby corn for the first time, (he weighs 8 grams). He put away a very small pinky with no problem at all. However, after I put him back in the tank, he was very active all evening, roaming around his viv this is normal for him but I didn't expect it after his first meal.

Also the pinky was a lot smaller than any of the other small pinkys, and after eating it there was no real visible lump. Was this meal big enough, and is this activity after eating normal?

I know this is probably a pretty basic question, but since I am new to this please humor me.

Thunder38

Maybe just try a bit larger next time? I've just had the same thing with my 8g baby's first feed, so tonight I gave a slightly bigger pink

Thanks diamond,

The small pinky was really tiny. It was like 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the other ones that I have, I think the others will make a bigger meal, and I'll probably go with 5 days and feed him Wed. night.

Thunder38

This is the first hatchling I've had, so I was nervous about how big a pink she could handle, but I won't bother with the tiny ones again for her. I've got her on a 5-day schedule until she bumps up to peach fuzzies, from reading posts and threads on here it looks to get good results without over-doing it

Back