• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling Question!!!

wyocornsnaker

So, my first clutch has completely hatched out and all but one(the last one to hatch out three day after the rest) have eaten. My question is this, how often do you feed hatchlings? Mine ate four days ago, but they are all getting restless and I'm wondering if maybe they are hungry again???? I don't want to feed them to much....

Every 5 days is a normal schedule... I think every 5-7 days is usual from the time they accept their first meal.

(late) Congrats on the hatchies. =)

I usually feed once every 4-5 days, but I have a dealer who is anxious to get hold of my hatchlings and already has a waiting list for them. You could go for 7 days, but this would slow their growth rate.

As I don't sell any until they've had three consecutive defrost feeds (with no tricks), the sooner I hit those three feeds, the sooner they're with the people who want them. I think four days is the absolute maximum for feeding. Any shorter period would really be powerfeeding, with the associated health risks later on.

Back