• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hazard a guess?

Shaky

Ought to know better
This snake was from a snow X Amber.
It hatched out looking hypo. I guess it is, but its difference from my other hypo is drastic.

Attachments

• IM000784 (2).JPG
    IM000784 (2).JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IM000782 (2).JPG
    IM000782 (2).JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 148
  • yellohypobelly (2).jpg
    yellohypobelly (2).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 150
Coloration

I forgot to add that this snake is much yellower than I expected. The saddles are not orange, but brown, and the belly checks are pretty dark.
The top photo is closest to true.

I wouldn't say charcoal. A light caramel possibly? I don't have any caramels (I'm not sure about my so-called caramel so I'm not counting that) but it would be my best guess. That or hypo amel maybe? Who knows - pretty snake though.

~Katie

PtDnsr said:
I wouldn't say charcoal. A light caramel possibly? I don't have any caramels (I'm not sure about my so-called caramel so I'm not counting that) but it would be my best guess. That or hypo amel maybe? Who knows - pretty snake though.

~Katie

LOL. That's what I meant. I guess I was on autopilot when I wrote that. LMAO!!

E. g. guttata said:
LOL. That's what I meant. I guess I was on autopilot when I wrote that. LMAO!!
Hehe...I understand that. I only have class Mon, Wed, & Fri but this week I had something else to do and skipped all my Wed classes - my brain has been turned off all week! Not to mention it's almost Friday...

~Katie

T'ain't no caramel.

It would be extremely odd if this were a caramel. It would be almost logistically impossible.
It's pretty much certainly hypo, but the reason I ask is that I've not seen a hypo this color.

Jack,

I've got a hypo that has similar yellowish coloration. It rather resembles a rosy rat. I'm hopping to breed him this spring to see if it is recessive or just weird. See you Saturday.

Some people say they can tell a snake is het caramel by it's color. I've found some to be more yellow in color but not all. It may be a case in which the Caramel gene is acting on this normal snake to influence to a more yellow coloration.

I'm voting for Clint's explaination. While the hypo is more yellow than a normal hypo, it's too reddish to be a caramel, by a long shot.

-Kat

We know that it is het caramel, which may be influencing the coloration. Were there any other hypos in the clutch? Is the snow known to be possibly het hypo? Or, this snake could just be a normal that doesn't have much red. I have an adult zigzag that has a similar coloration, and she is definately not het caramel. Her siblings had varying degrees of red as well. This is her with her much redder mate:

Hypo comparison

These are the two hypos from the clutch that are left.
I just happened to hang onto these two-I dunno why.
The lighter one seems more like a Miami hypo.

Attachments

• 2 hypos 1 (2).JPG
    2 hypos 1 (2).JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2hypos2 (2).jpg
    2hypos2 (2).jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2hypos3 (2).JPG
    2hypos3 (2).JPG
    113 KB · Views: 18
  • 2hypos4 (2).JPG
    2hypos4 (2).JPG