• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HD Burms

Joba

Here's Buddy, the half-dwarf burmese python. He's two years old and just passed the six-foot mark. I love this guy; he has such the personality.

2014 1.0 wildtype 100%het granite, 33%het albino.

His future baby-mama. 2015 0.1 granite HD burm. 66%het albino

She really hates me, but I think she'll come around eventually :)

They are both gorgeous. I love burms. Too big for me to keep, personally, but I love them and think they are fantastic snakes.

I'm sorry she hates you; she's beautiful, though.

Thanks. Yes, she is beautiful. She has calmed some, so hopefully that continues as she gets older. :)

They are both gorgeous. I love burms. Too big for me to keep, personally, but I love them and think they are fantastic snakes.

Thank you. You could consider dwarfs. I believe they stay in the 4-5 foot range, but nevertheless, fall under the Lacy Act. These HD's grow fast. They are like rat disposal factories, lol, but I absolutely love them.

Don't get me started about Lacey and overreach, here. I'm a USARK member, so 'nuff said on that.

Lol, on rat disposal factories. I love their faces and their expressions!

With three snakes right now, I consider myself full up on snakes. We all have our capabilities and that's mine for now. But I'll deeply admire yours from afar; and I totally support the right of those like you who can care for them properly and safely, to own Burms and other larger snakes!

Don't get me started about Lacey and overreach, here. I'm a USARK member, so 'nuff said on that.

Lol, on rat disposal factories. I love their faces and their expressions!

With three snakes right now, I consider myself full up on snakes. We all have our capabilities and that's mine for now. But I'll deeply admire yours from afar; and I totally support the right of those like you who can care for them properly and safely, to own Burms and other larger snakes!

Thank you. I'm all about freedoms too, but I do wish there was some way to protect these animals against those people that buy them on a whim, and then those poor things are on craigslist later on, or suffering at the hands of some yahoo who has no idea about proper care and husbandry.

Same thing happens with corn snakes. I don't think it is species specific. That's why supporting local reptile rescues and promoting education is so important. Besides sending the occasional direct donation here, I also use Amazon smile to support my local reptile rescue. I also joined my local herpetological society. These are the proactive things we can do to help.

Sadly, there will always be irresponsible owners. People tend to bite off more than they can chew and then there are those who want large animals for an ego enhancement. Happens with large, strong dog breeds and other large exotics as well. No legislation, even the animal abuse laws, can totally stop it. The Lacey Act overreach does nothing to protect the animals nor the environment that other law doesn't already address and I believe it is illegal, but we will see what the court says.

In any case, your Burms are awesome!

Back