• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HE DID IT!!! NONFEEDER NO MORE!

Sacred_Nightmares

Only slightly crazy...
Just another routine feeding day for my 09 Hypo blood, Vlad. Defrosted an extra pinkie to try the little nonfeeder again today too.

Vlad of course, pigged out on his meal. The nonfeeder amel stripe would sniff it, and run away from it. As a last attempt, I just cut off the pinkie head, fed the body to Vlad for dessert, and tried the pinkie head for the skinny one. [ I had tried this before, and it didn't work, so I had low expectations. ] And low and behold, he went right over to the brain-smelling pinkie head, and chomped away!!!

Down the shoot it went and I'm so excited to try again in 5 days! If there's no regurge and he takes a second one without any issues, I think it's time he got an official name and home. :]]

What a great day! :cheers:

Yay! I think you should name him Zombie, because he likes BRAINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!

HAHAHA Omg Nanci that's TOTALLY adorable. xD Zombie? I do love zombies.... Wow I think you may have convinced me just now!!! Hahaha! :D

By the way, I know I'm late on finding this out, but I saw on your website that Ruby is a male? O.O? Seriously? I was sooo looking forward to seeing the babies from that clutch!

Congrats!! I've dealt with a large group (35) of nonfeeders over the past few months, so I know how rewarding it is when they take that first meal. Just remember, take it slow (pinkie heads for a few meals, then the teeny tiniest pinks you can find...I found that some of the nonfeeders actually seemed afraid of the whole pinks and would only take heads for quite awhile), I'm sure he'll grow up to be a very handsome boy!!

It's always such a relief when one of the little beggars decides to play nice! Congratulations.

It has to be a relief your little one took it's first meal. I had 2 problematic feeders that turned out to be fairly aggressive eaters after a little brain squishing. Not something the old lady is going to watch again anytime soon.:crying:

Thanks everyone. :) I'm still super happy today because everything seems to be going swell! No regurge or anything to be seen!

I know I'm definitely going to keep feeding pinky heads for a LEAST the next 2-3 weeks [every 5 days] and then we shall see from there how he does. :D
I'll try to get some good pictures up soon when I have him out for feeding time again. :]

Back