• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello!

promethear

I have owned Rhozko for about a week now. He has eaten, see a vet (thought he might have been developing respirtory issues due to heat problems. Apparently thats been fixed) and mostly happy =). I assume s/he is 'normal' (coloration). Since I got him from the dreaded petco (didnt discover this site until after purchase) I have no idea how old he may be. I am guessing s/he is 15" or so. Vet said s/he was 7.7g. Any speculations? (assuming normal growth/development). My appologies for lack of focus. Phone camera that is prone to blurring if you breathe.

Attachments

• Rhozko1.jpg
    Rhozko1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 25
  • Rhozko2.jpg
    Rhozko2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 25
Nice corn you have there. I,as well bought mines from Petsmart. But,everything seems to be fine on my end. And welcome aboard.

I would say you have a normal, approximately 6mo old. Mine were that size when I got them. Glad to hear you took him to a vet for a check up. I'm sure he is happier in your possession than at the store. Petco isn't my favorite place, Petsmart seems to be better, at least in my neck of the woods. Glad to have you aboard, see ya around :D

For a long time the Petsmarts here did not do reptiles. I only recently discovered that had changed. At least I did not go to the local 'reptile' shop. According to my g/f there is an overpowering stench when you walk in (I have no sense of smell...never have). But I could see several animals were in unclean habitats and the sheds (from who knows when) were sitting there. In some cases more than one shed for one snake. Made me sad.

Yep, that's a pretty little classic cornsnake hatched in 2009. How fast they grow depends on how often they are fed & I'm nowhere near expert enough to give more detail than "2009". I've got a similarly colored little hateling who is now about 17-18 gms, also bought from a chain petstore (Petsmart in my case). Welcome to the site & to your newest addiction, as I can almost guarantee you WILL get more cornsnakes in the next year or so. (In my case I went from 1 to 2 to 3 in about a month & expect to go from 3 to 10 during 2010).) :)

Congrats on your first corn snake. It sounds like you're going to be a great keeper. I recommend getting Kathy Love's book. It ought to be on the shelf of any corn-keepers household.

Welcome to the hobby and the forum!

Back