• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help indentifying lav, hypo lav, anery lav please

wyzza

b'jour ménamis amaréquain
Here are the pics.

1st clutch
male: hypo 100% het lav/anery/motley
female: regular 100% het lav/anery/hypo

Is the one higher on the picture a hypo lav ?

clutch_hetlav2002_030906_1.jpg

clutch_hetlav2002_030906_2.jpg

clutch_hetlav2002_030906_3.jpg

clutch_hetlav2002_030906_4.jpg

clutch_hetlav2002_030906_5.jpg

Second clutch

male: hypo 100% het lav/anery/motley
female:anery 100% het lav / (possible het hypo)

What do you think of these guys ? And the one on the left ?

The rest of the clutch (not shown) was regulars (7) and anery (6)

clutch_aneryhetlav2004_030906_1.jpg

clutch_aneryhetlav2004_030906_2.jpg

clutch_aneryhetlav2004_030906_3.jpg

clutch_aneryhetlav2004_030906_4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

WYZ

I am NOT an expert and can only go by the few lavs and hypolavs I've personally hatched out.

First clutch - I would call the more colorful one (towards the top of the pic) a lavender. The other one may go either way. I would definately sex it before deciding. If it is a female, I would lean towards hypolav. If it was a male, then more towards lavender.

Second clutch - I have NO experience with anery lavs, but if it were my clutch, I would call the one on the left (colorful one) a lavender and the other two I would call anery lavs. Now, if you have the dilute gene in the mix, and the two sure might be able to pass as dilute anerys, all bets are off! (Susan makes mental note to DEFINATELY breed a blue motley to a lavender motley.)

Rotsa ruck!

This has been driving me crazy for years! Wait until you start getting Opals as well....... :crazy02:

Here's a pick of Lavender Motley sibs from the same clutch.....

2lavmots001.jpg

Rich DEFINATELY doesn't need the addition of a dilute gene in his collection! I think that would finally put him over the edge! But it may also explain alot of his whatzits?.

And I'm going to have to start requesting a certain look when I next buy from SerpenCo. I really like that more "rusty" looking lav mot.

Rick,

I must have missed a discussion somewhere, because I don't really understand what you're talking about. :shrugs:

WYZ

:-offtopic
Rich,
If you're still watching this thread.....I was wondering if the lighter lav motley in your pic is a male?

Chris

well i cant help you out here bud, although i would like to mention how stunning those motleys are ruch... A1 mate

wyzza said:
Rick,

I must have missed a discussion somewhere, because I don't really understand what you're talking about. :shrugs:

WYZ
You asked how to tell the hypolavs from the anery lavs from the regular lavs.
Rich responded with a "lotsa luck". In other words, sometimes, you can't tell them apart, even if you were one of the few who "originated" the morphs.

i Think but not sure aubout the lavender because there can be differents ibetween them in one clutch

Attachments

• clutch_hetlav2002_030906_3.jpg
    clutch_hetlav2002_030906_3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 59
Back