• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help! Snake got stuck on tape!

CeaserGirl938

I had some temporary tape up in a cage until I could patch up a hole. The sticky part was not exposed but somehow she found a way to rub it down. I got her off but some of the adhesive from the tape stuck to her and is pulling some of her scales together on one side of her neck. I've read some places to just let them soak in warm water or should I be rushing her to the vet? Thanks.

I had some temporary tape up in a cage until I could patch up a hole. The sticky part was not exposed but somehow she found a way to rub it down. I got her off but some of the adhesive from the tape stuck to her and is pulling some of her scales together on one side of her neck. I've read some places to just let them soak in warm water or should I be rushing her to the vet? Thanks.

Use any type of cooking oil to dissolve the glue. Feel free to call me for more info 718 792 2593

If she's not bleeding don't worry about it. Just give her a warm soak, or even take a wet washcloth that is warm and gently run the adhesive in the direction of her scales. If you can't get it off, leave it be. Put her on paper towels as bedding and wait for her to shed it off.

she is better off using the cooking oil to dissolve and remove the glue. I have done this before on other people snakes

Thanks, I'm guna let her soak in some warm water and check on her when I get back. I have to go pick up a tank for my youngest ball python. I have some oil so I might call about how to use that when I get home. Thanks.

instead of water just wipe it down with a thin layer of cooking oil then put in a container with holes and paper towle. this will start the prosses of disloving the glue. if you soak in warm water for too long she can over heat

Alright well I got back and most of the adhesive seemed to come off while she was soaking and the water really wasnt that warm so I don't think she over heated or anything. I tried calling you Vinman but it went to voicemail.

Back