• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with Thermostat/Heater/Rack

Labinnah

Hi!
I just got a 12-shoebox rack that came with a thermostat, electronic thermometer/hydrometer and heating system. The heating setup seems to be a grid of somesort that runs along the back of the rack, all the way up and down. From the top of the rack is the electrical cord. The thermometer and thermostat aren't attached, but I think I figured out how it all goes together. The thermostat is a BAH-1000, it has two cords coming from it: an electrical plug and a place to get something plugged into it. It also has two little lights for 'Power' and 'Heat Source', so I plugged it into the outlet for 'Power' (the little light came on) and plugged the cord coming out of the rack into the 'Heat Source', but the little light didn't come on. Did I plug it into the right thing? Also, the thermometer is slowly reading a rise in temperature, but I want to make sure it's set up right. It's just white with 'Thermo-Hygro' on the topc and a humidity level and a temperature level. Under that going from left to right is "Mode, Up, Set, Q-Smp". Maybe I'm dense or something, but programming this thing is confusing me :(
Anyway, does anyone recognize this peices of equiptment? Can you tell me if I'm doing everything right?

Back