• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Here's a lesson for all newbies...I need suggestions

Shaky

Ought to know better
I feel like a moron. Here's my story.

Six years ago, I started it all with a pair of normals, het hypo and snow, but threw Miamis, too.
Four years ago, I added an amber.
Two years ago, I hatched out a nice amber x snow clutch, a third of which hatched out hypo.
I was excited, 'cause I was a good way to what I wanted to produce - a hypo butter.
Two buddies of mine sexed them for me (and so did I) by popping.
I kept two females: a Crimson het butter and a Hypo het snow,caramel. Both of these turned out very nice.
I also kept a normal quad het male, the darkest of the bunch.
It was funny - of all the snakes we popped, only two were male??? :shrugs:

Anyway, I ran into a tight spot and sold off most of them, sold off all the parents and moved on, keeping the three I mentioned. I never even considered keeping all of them, and I trusted that my ratio was good, and I really never wanted to keep the adults anyway. I was going to wait until these were grown and hang onto them.

So, here we are, two YEARS later and I find (I finally probed them) that all three are males. That explains why the females weren't interested.

Now, I have a conundrum. I know where only one from the rest of my clutch is, and I'm not sure if he still has it.

I now have two really nice corns that I need to decide what to do with.
Crimson het snow,caramel and a yellow hypo het snow,caramel.

Should I sell them both? Should I keep one and start all over?
I can't imagine that anyone will produce this particular combo of hets......
Any ideas as to what to do as far as breeding/keeping them?

The moral is - don't trust popping unless you see a hemi!

Shaky said:
The moral is - don't trust popping unless you see a hemi!
The second moral is , don't wait for probing till it is breeding time . When your snakes are at age 6-12 months and you have breeding plans , be sure you have the right sexratio on your animals

Back