• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi from new cornsnaker keeper

Samantha01

:wavey: hi everyone, I am new on here and have just bought my first cornsnake...hes a stripe called bullet, and is about 2 months old, I bought him last saturday, so far left him to settle in apart from giving him a pinky today which was successful yey :D

Attachments

• Bullet.jpg
    Bullet.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 55
  • bullet o2.jpg
    bullet o2.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the welcome :)
Bullet is stunning, great markings and colour, I am chuffed, and i am so interested in the vast array of morphs! cornsnakes are so interesting!

and this looks like a great forum, and im looking forward to spending time on here x

Keep him well fed and he'll grow big. It's so exciting when they shed for the first time; you may also be surprised at how glad you are to see poop.

Welcome and you have a beautiful snake there. Did you feed him on his bedding or am I looking at the pics wrong?

Welcome and you have a beautiful snake there. Did you feed him on his bedding or am I looking at the pics wrong?

Hiya Grankin, i didnt, i put a piece of kitchen paper down on the cool end of his house with the pinkie on, but he didnt touch it for an hour so i used plastic tweezers and held it in front of him and he grabbed it! so fast that it didnt touch the bedding at all.

Thanks also to Tatile, yes i am strange enough looking forward to the first Poop lol!, and Jdog, thanks he is lovely x

thanks for pointing it out anyway Grandkino1, as some people might not realise how harmful it might be for them to eat some of the substrate :) x

Hello and Greetings. And what a beautiful baby. With baby snakes, I wonder if their poop is close to the same chemical in super glue?

Welcome to the site! That's a beautiful little snake you have there. I hate to be the morph police, but that's actually a Motley. He may have one stripe gene and one motley gene, but that genotype would still make him a motley.

We generally call motleys that have elongated stripe like patterns like Pin Striped Motleys.

Here are ways to tell:
  • His pattern is rounded off and broken at the neck. This is a Motley trait. Stripes patterns are continual.
  • His "stripe" is thin and uneven. This is another characteristic of Motley. Stripes have one thick even line going down their back.
  • You can see his pattern breaking up into Motley dots near his tail. Stripes don't have this, and they generally don't even have any pattern on their tails at all.

I would show you some comparison pictures between Pin Striped Motleys and Stripes, but I don't want to hijack your thread.

Finally, don't get me wrong, I think he is a gorgeous snake. I myself love Motleys. Pin Striped Motleys being mistaken for Stripes is something that seems to happen every once in awhile.. it's good to be educated on the differences.

Good luck with him, and keep us updated!!

Back