• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi yall

annacobb

Hey! I'm anna, I'm new here and actually don't even have a snake yet (still looking for someone near by so I can avoid petco aka the devil lol). I've had them before (a ball) and know some basics but I'm in the absorbing phase of my process...so I'm learning every single thing I can! Its fun but after reading a thousand articles online I have discovered a few things. 1. Its all the same info repeated. Or 2 it conflicts in a big way. So I figure the best way to learn is from people who love them and discuss them lol logical! Real world experience is lovely.
So I'm creeping for a bit and will have questions. :)

Hello and welcome! Great that you are doing research before bringing home the corn! Hope this site is and continues to be a good resource for you. Any particular morph caught you eye yet?

Welcome to the forum. As a recent corn addict I can say the forum is full of information. Try using the search tool on the top to learn information and if unclear then ask. I have found that most questions have been asked before, lol. However for the most part people don't mind repeating themselves for the new members. You will often get referred to older posts as well.

I want to make sure I'm prepared enough to handle what I've heard could be a 20 year journey! I have seen pictures of so many beautiful corns! The originals are honestly catching my eye more and more everyday...and I couldn't imagine starting anywhere else! I've been searching the site and its really helpful. You guys seem very nice and know a lot :) I'm very excited!

Welcome to the Forum... I am a newer corn owner only for about 6 months. They are great pets. Glad to see your doing research. I would advise you to do even more research on genetics if you plan to breed. I have 22 corns right now. The first few corns I bought I didnt pay attention to the genetics and they dont work out well for breeding to get good morphs. My wife says, "Corn snakes are like shoe once you start buying them you cant stop". I wish I had snakes when I was a kid but my mother would have freaked out. This forum is filed with a huge wealth of knowledge. Good luck on finding a corn snake. If you didnt notice there is a for sale section so you could purchase one from a contributing member instead of Evil Petco lol... Welcome to the Obsessions

Its really funny I don't have a snake yet and I'm obsessed...I'm checking temps and humidity levels like a crazy person and there's nothing alive in the tank! Just wana make sure things are consistant and right :) I've looked at the classifieds section but I think I am going to attempt to go to a reptile show in lexington in a few weeks before contacting breeders. Take a little more time to finalize my set up and read up on choosing healthy snakes. I just got back from petco and the only corn they had was dead along with 1 boa and 2 balls...I'm disgusted and irritated so ill not return!...I had to vent that out for a second sorry lol

Petco and Petsmart both make me despair when it comes to their reptile staff (I actually went so far as to register an online complaint when I went to buy a UTH at Petsmart and the clerk there was more than a little snotty informing me that I didn't need one and a lamp would be good enough)

I'm lucky enough that there's an independent pet store at our mall, however, that has some really quality snakes from a local breeder, and staff that have their own snakes (we bought two of ours from there, and another two from larger breeders after some research on here).

And absolutely nothing wrong with making sure that your habitat is just right for your new friend when you finally find the one you want :D Welcome to the forums and good luck with finding the perfect snake for you!

I am in London, ky south of you, I may have some hatchlings in a bit, what are you looking for? Take care
bob

Wow that's wonderful. I was looking for a close place to buy a little one from :) I'm honestly not sure what morph I'm looking for. They're all beautiful...I have been looking at the classic, though I'm sure I don't know enough about the morphs to really have an opinion beyond how pretty they are lol

Hi and welcome!

I would totally recommend a classic. They are SO colorful! A lot of the other morphs subtract colors.
I love each of my classics.

Back