• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

His first live one!

Really thanks! But I'll feed him whatever I want!

Obviously you will.
What I don't understand is why you thought live feeding was correcting something.
If he is eating thawed and thriving, what is there to correct?

You say you want to be a good pet owner, but your actions say otherwise.

If feeding live does not benefit the animal, then it must benefit YOU in some way. And there we go straight back to those nethers.....

Edited to add, the title of this thread is like some major announcement. Baby's first step or something. Like it is something to be proud of. Whoopsie, I guess that backfired didn't it?

I think at this point, the OP is being being defensive, and justifiably so; he's been called a sicko and a sexual deviant for feeding a snake a live mouse. Good God. Who has the time to gain any insight when they're defending themselves against such bold accusations?

There's a right and wrong way to present information. Some have presented their arguments beautifully, and others horrifically. At this point, the poster, who in my opinion, has come off as a perfectly nice and intelligent young man, and thus perfectly competent at making his own decisions, has the choice of conforming to new feeding practices or not. I hope no one would fault him for not adapting to their personal view.

Really thanks! But I'll feed him whatever I want!

It's really sad to read posts like this the main reason to join a forum is to learn to give your pet the best care possible. Many experts have given you wonderful advice and its up to you to decided to take their advice or not.

A lot of people have been here and on other forums for a long time and it hurts to see animals misstreated. Do you know how many posts I have read about a hurt animal that requires Vet care asap but the owner denies it, they come up with some sort of bs excuse and the animal dies in pain.

Mice bite, they have hurt and killed snakes. None of my snakes will eat live, this is my choice, I want the best for them.

Yeah, I'm done.
To the OP, just read Megan's post with all the pros and cons of all 3 methods. It is pretty complete.

the point is i can feed it whatever i want! i was looking for someone to tell me if he was ready or not! i got my info and i had changed my mind!

Beautifullywild77, I see your husband is in the air force, and your stationed at kafb, I grew up in Albuquerque. I've been hunting near Angel Fire, Taos, and Eagle Nest. Everyone I grew up with went hunting for deer and elk, most air force guys I know don't hunt. In Idaho, where I am currently at, everyone up here hunts. As for being the "young one" who enjoys blowing stuff up, I am not. I am 31 and I've been in going on 8 years. I do believe in one shot, one kill rule, and as I expressed in my previous post, I have learned that maybe my decision to feed live instead of frozen, is not in the best interest of my animal. But I do have multiple choices, so which ever I choose is mine to make.

Actually, he is finishing his 20 yrs down at Holloman AFB. My husband hunts as well as deep sea fishing. I grew up in Jemez Mountains. We currently elk hunt in the Valle Vidal up near the Colorado Border. I was born and raised in Albuquerque. I was also raised in a military family. Army, Air Force, Coast Guard etc.

It is your choice. Yes, feeding live here is a heated subject even more so when posted with a video. I am glad that you have gotten something out of the previous postings and that live probably isnt the best for a snake that will readily take f/t. There is no nutrientual value between the two. I have a cousin who is a professor of meat science and have asked her. It is no different then us eating our steaks frozen then thawed.

You must also realize many on here have dealt with the feeding live vs f/t trolls a lot, most trolls are young and uneducated and will continue to argue. Yes, even some of my posts were not nice but were honest. But you took it in stride.

I do not think that you should sell your snake. You seem like you are willing to educate yourself and that right there says something about you. Word of advice the other heated subject here is co-habbing corn snakes ;) I do wish you the best with your snake.

I changed my mind 20 posts ago! its not hurt! its just fine!

YAY!!!!!!
Way to keep a secret!
And I am sorry I am...the way I am.
I am nasty when it comes to stuff like this, I admit it. I am one of those nuts that love ALL animals ....
But really really glad you changed your mind.
Your boy will live to a good age worm free, scar free and with both his eyes and mice everywhere are rejoicing as we speak!!!

I am sorry, truly.
And thank you, thank you so much!!!
I hope you have a wonderful evening.....

Actually, he is finishing his 20 yrs down at Holloman AFB. My husband hunts as well as deep sea fishing. I grew up in Jemez Mountains. We currently elk hunt in the Valle Vidal up near the Colorado Border. I was born and raised in Albuquerque. I was also raised in a military family. Army, Air Force, Coast Guard etc.

It is your choice. Yes, feeding live here is a heated subject even more so when posted with a video. I am glad that you have gotten something out of the previous postings and that live probably isnt the best for a snake that will readily take f/t. There is no nutrientual value between the two. I have a cousin who is a professor of meat science and have asked her. It is no different then us eating our steaks frozen then thawed.

You must also realize many on here have dealt with the feeding live vs f/t trolls a lot, most trolls are young and uneducated and will continue to argue. Yes, even some of my posts were not nice but were honest. But you took it in stride.

I do not think that you should sell your snake. You seem like you are willing to educate yourself and that right there says something about you. Word of advice the other heated subject here is co-habbing corn snakes ;) I do wish you the best with your snake.

Yes, what she said!!
We all want you to have great success with your animal....

Remember I'm an evil person for feeding 1 live mouse! I can think of alot of ways to get rid of this snake!

BUT, you did say you did it because you were trying to correct something (but darned if I know what), and you probably can think of alot of ways,,,,but somehow I don't think it will come to fruition.

My name is Beth, btw, and I am sorry about before.

Back