• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hoping for healthy babies

mrweaw

Branching out into geckos
I have a clutch from my ZigZag het Opal x Normal het Snow and Lav and they have looked perfect from day one. 16 beautiful opaque eggs stuck together in a clump. I have 2 concerns...They haven't grown very much and they were laid on May 20. I would have expected more growth by now. My other concern is that my animal room got up to about 88 yesterday afternoon ( it was quite unexpected ). I have installed the air conditioner now but I am still concerned. A couple of questions:

1. How much do everyone else's eggs grow usually? This is my first time breeding this particular female so maybe she is just unusual.

2. If I lost any eggs to heat yesterday, how soon will the eggs show signs of death?

I have never had this problem before so I am curious to get everyone's opinion.

Thanks much!

My first clutch (one clump of 13 eggs) grew almost unbelievably, my 2nd had a pretty 50/50 result in regard to growing lots or not much (in 2 clumps and then individual eggs) and my 3rd is at about week 5-6 and really don't seem to have grown as much as the others. healthy babies have come out of all of the eggs so far with the exception of one baby which has a couple of barely there kinks. I think I was a little worried about the stuck together clump not growing as much too, but it all worked out just fine.

88 for one afternoon shouldn't cause you any problems.

My last clutch of eggs to hatch this year didn't seem to grow much (and they seemed small to me in the first place) but the hatchlings were all a really good size ... and feisty too! 16 of the 17 hatched. The last one was fully formed but dead in the egg.

Back