• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How common are litters due to retained sperm?

Kat_Dog

I've never even considered breeding any kind of snake, so I've never researched any breeding info.

I bought an proven adult female corn snake at repticon this last Friday. The breeder said that this female has given her 3 litters. The idea of retained sperm didn't even come into my mind until about 5 minutes ago.
I did t even think to ask when the last time she was bred was, I was just so excited to be coming home with another scale baby,

So how often does it actually happen? I wouldn't mind having a litter of corn snakes, even if I didn't plan it, and probably wouldn't do it again, just wondering if I should be somewhat prepared for a litter.

How long to they hold sperm for? About what time of the year would a female release the sperm if she has some? What should I look for in case she did retain?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Back