• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Common is this?

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
My girl Hypwhip was due to lay last week. I set up a nice lay box for her, with damp moss the week before and she was in and out of it for days but never settled down in it. One day last week I came home to find 8 eggs scattered all over the viv, and only 2 in the laybox that seemed to just have fallen there by accident. Nanci suggested that I make the entire viv a lay box and I did, and over the next few days found 6 more eggs. They all look pretty good with the exception of one that appears to be leaking.

How common is it to have a girl that never settles down?
I have bred these critters for a few years and have never had one act like this before.

I have had it happen. Always wanted to chalk it up to where I put the lay box, temps, or something, but I really do not know what the cause might be. At least it wasn't the water bowl! :)

I have had it happen. Always wanted to chalk it up to where I put the lay box, temps, or something, but I really do not know what the cause might be. At least it wasn't the water bowl! :)

Funny thing was that the lay box was nearly 2/3 the area of the entire viv! It was like she was trying not to lay in it!

Back