• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you navigate this site?

How do you navigate this site?

• I generally only check the classifieds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a few fave forums and that is all I usually read

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I read the 'chit-chat' forum exclusively

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • I use the 'new post' function so I can see what is new throughout the site

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • I'm new and haven't decided how to cope with this site

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I only post the DYK thread

• I have no set methodology

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • I read everything I can here

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • What does 'navigate' mean?

• other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Lucille

I'm thinking of getting one of those 'personal forums', but what that means is that people who only visit chit-chat as opposed to 'new posts' would not get to participate in my posts. So I am curious to see exactly how people who come to this site choose what they want to read. Do you have a few forums you visit? Do you look at new posts? How do you navigate this site?

I do a little of all the above. If I miss the new posts because I got caught up in a butter bean thread, I'll click the drop down menu and click "today's posts". Then I go kill off a few vamps and come back to see who's online from the index page. Sometimes I'll pick a random member and troll through their stats looking for ways to exploit them in a curmudgeonly manner. Next I zip through the DYK to see what everyone's having for breakfast/lunch/dinner before moving on to Dean's profile to see when he was on last and send him a mushy, vomitus inducing (to others!) visitor message. I then check new posts to see if my curmudgeon post was met with humor, sarcasm or infraction points. If I see a mod looking at my profile (meaning those infractions are coming!) I go hide in the Escape Hatch and pretend I was there the whole time. When I emerge and see that I have, indeed, received infractions, I stomp my foot and claim that my neighbor broke in and started typing rude messages on the forum under my user name. Finally, when it's all said and done, I conclude that while I'm not new to the site, I still am not quite sure how to cope with it, mix a dirty martini and drunk-dial Dean to see if he's ready to join me for cocktails or if he's not quite finished his breakfast yet.

I hope that answers your questions, Lucille?? Muuuuah!

*edit* Go buy that user forum! You know we'll all be there for the celebration! Besides, you've spent $25 or worse things, right?

Last edited:
I generally stick with the general chit chat forum. I'll occasionally visit some of the other forums. Especially at pippy time, to see all the new babies.
But, if and when you get your own forum I'll definitely drop by to see all your wonderful topics..lol

I do it sort of like Lori.
Without the vampires.
And the trolling.
And the curmudgeon stuff.
And the rude messages.

I'll read your forum.

I check for new posts every five seconds. I have two or three tabs of CS.com open at one time, so I can browse pages one and two of the new posts, plus keep an eye on DYK. If I get to work, and there is only one new post, I mark all posts read, then check for new posts, so I get the list of the last 100 threads started, and go through that to see if I missed anything. I keep track of the hatch, but not on a daily basis.

I do a little of all the above. If I miss the new posts because I got caught up in a butter bean thread, I'll click the drop down menu and click "today's posts". Then I go kill off a few vamps and come back to see who's online from the index page. Sometimes I'll pick a random member and troll through their stats looking for ways to exploit them in a curmudgeonly manner. Next I zip through the DYK to see what everyone's having for breakfast/lunch/dinner before moving on to Dean's profile to see when he was on last and send him a mushy, vomitus inducing (to others!) visitor message. I then check new posts to see if my curmudgeon post was met with humor, sarcasm or infraction points. If I see a mod looking at my profile (meaning those infractions are coming!) I go hide in the Escape Hatch and pretend I was there the whole time. When I emerge and see that I have, indeed, received infractions, I stomp my foot and claim that my neighbor broke in and started typing rude messages on the forum under my user name. Finally, when it's all said and done, I conclude that while I'm not new to the site, I still am not quite sure how to cope with it, mix a dirty martini and drunk-dial Dean to see if he's ready to join me for cocktails or if he's not quite finished his breakfast yet.

I hope that answers your questions, Lucille?? Muuuuah!

*edit* Go buy that user forum! You know we'll all be there for the celebration! Besides, you've spent $25 or worse things, right?

Looks like your still..wired!!! No more coke and beans for you!!:nyah:

Ha! I'm munching those espresso beans at this very moment...washing them down with coffee as well. Mmmmm..... :crazy02:

Fishnets, thigh high boots, a corset, and fairy wings.

My forum is going to be a Texas honky tonk. I been going to Texas tonks for decades and nary did see an outfit like dat.

But I can't wait...:dgrin:

Mebbe for the soiree, folks can describe their outfits, and even take pix....

On another (sorta) topic, one site I've visited had several wonderful funny women who would dress their snakes all cute and take pix.

On another (sorta) topic, one site I've visited had several wonderful funny women who would dress their snakes all cute and take pix.

You mean like this?

paris.jpg

I forgot who even took this pic, but she is a goddess!!! It was for a Halloween photo contest a few years ago. Paris Hilton snake.

You mean like this?

I forgot who even took this pic, but she is a goddess!!! It was for a Halloween photo contest a few years ago. Paris Hilton snake.

:roflmao: The only thing that would have made it better is if there was a little fuzzy poking it's head out of the bag.

EDIT: never mind! I thought that was a shadow from something else at first!

Back