• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hybrid clutch

doovoo

Inconsequential.
Though I never had any real notions about or interest in creating hybrids, I do own two that are very nice ...and curiosity finally got the better of me.

This will be the first and last breeding for these two, and I think it worked out quite nicely in the end.

Mother is an '02 50% Corn / 50% Pueblan Milk from Mark and Kim Bell. Father is an '05 Amel. 75% Corn / 25% Cal. King from McGrath Reptiles.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• hatchling1.jpg
    hatchling1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 258
  • hatchling2.jpg
    hatchling2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 257
  • hatchling3.jpg
    hatchling3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 257
  • hatchling4.jpg
    hatchling4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 256
  • hatchling5.jpg
    hatchling5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 256
But wait, there's more...

Attachments

• hatchling6.jpg
    hatchling6.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 248
  • hatchling7.jpg
    hatchling7.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 250
  • hatchling8.jpg
    hatchling8.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 251
  • hatchling9.jpg
    hatchling9.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 251
  • hatchling10.jpg
    hatchling10.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 255
Wow! I really like the second one in the second post... very nice! What a great batch of babies! How unique! Are you planning on selling any?

Although I'm not a big fan of hybrids, that second picture in your first post is gorgeous!! Congrats on the cluth! :cheers:

definitely an interesting mix.
You can't argue with the fact that those are some cool looking hatchlings.
keep us updated on their progress.

Susan said:
Terrific looking hybrids! I'll be watching for them to become available.

Me, too! I definitely need to know when they are ready and how much. I would love to add those to my hybrid plans.

I've never been more tempted to get into corn x lampropeltis hybrids than right this moment. Man, those are cool. I can't pick a favorite. I might have to set up a super-secret evil project. If I substitute Honduran for Pueblan, I'll have the ingredients. :)

Sorry about that prior deleted post, I somehow inadvertantly sent my message before I'd finished it. Weird.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your kind words about these little guys. I wasn't certain what sort of reaction to expect (thankfully it was all positive).

And as for the availability of this clutch...

I'm still awaiting sheds, and thereby none have fed or been sexed as yet.

However, I am preparing to move to Las Vegas (of all places) at the end of next week, and the smaller my 'travelling circus' the better. Aside from my snakes, I'll also be juggling the needs of a 90 pound Siberian Husky puppy. All in a Volkswagen Golf. Ugh.

So here's the deal;

If anyone is in a position to pick-up in person (central Ohio), you can have first crack at these guys. They will (for the moment) be sold without any sort of guarantees (feeding or gender) as I can obviously not yet anticipate any potential issues that may arise. Both parents have always been consistent feeders, but genetics can only account for so much in this regard.

Or if you've got a friend/colleague in the area that you'd trust to pick on your behalf, I'll be happy to deal with them in your stead.

Please only make these arrangements though if there's one (or more) that you know you absolutely must have and are 99% certain that you are ready to buy. Just makes it easier for both of us.

Option two, is that you could make me a reasonable offer on the entire remainder of the clutch (I'm keeping two), and I will be happy to ship. Note that I am in no position to ship internationally at this time. Again, for the time being, this will be an as-is 'out of the egg' sale. This may be an easy way to (perhaps) get a great deal on some pretty cool little snakes. Bit of a gamble, but what the heck, right?

Third option, would be to make me an offer I can't refuse on any one (or more), and we can work something out...

I'm just so preoccupied with so much else that's occurring right now, that I'm simply in no position to pack, ship, track, etc. multiple packages.

If all else fails, I'll be packing them off to the desert with me and try to get them established in the interim.

So, there it is such as it is. PM me with any additional questions and/or offers.

Thanks!

Trevor

PS - At this point, I'm planning to keep the second and third animals pictured. I may keep the eighth as well, but more than likely, just two and three - the stables are full already...

they are absolutely stunning snakes
i love the contrast in colours in all the snakes and i especially like the third one its so beautiful!!!

I totally understand! I have a 3 year old siberian husky... man...what-a-handful!
Good luck! Sadly I cant come and get one.... otherwise I would :(

I appreciate the well-wishes. This should certainly make for an interesting trip.

Huskies are indeed a breed apart, but they're absolutely worth all the effort ...until I lose just one more pair of shoes, then bang-zoom!

Kidding, of course. The countless tooth marks make them look all the more rugged, right? Right?

Anyway, no takers thus far on my 'out of the egg' offer on my little ones, so I'll post with updates when I'm settled again and these guys are (hopefully) all healthy, happy and ready to go.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your kind words.

Trevor

doovoo said:
But wait, there's more...
This one looks like it could grow into a fantastic peach/black contrast. Really sweet combo!

Attachments

• hatchling8.jpg
    hatchling8.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 49
Thanks. He really is a nice looking snake (big too), and I'm desperately trying to justify keeping him.

He's got a 'neat' personality as well. I reached in to remove him after he'd finally left the egg, and he reared back and bit me (lots of tail rattling). He'll even strike if I do nothing more than move my hand over his deli-cup.

All of the others in this clutch are very calm and amenable.

There's always one I guess...

:dgrin:

doovoo said:
Thanks. He really is a nice looking snake (big too), and I'm desperately trying to justify keeping him.
Are you selling the others? What do jungles sell for anyway? I have no clue :)

Back