• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo or normal...again :)

Snake_Charmer

I recently bought a normal corn and when she shed a few days ago it was nearly clear. Mentioned this at the place I got her and they said, "oh, maybe you got one of the hypos". Apparently there was a mislabelling incident and all of the hypos & normals were labelled & sold as normals.

I know I'll have to test breed her but I would like some opinions from those used to dealing with hypos as to how likely it would be that she's hypo instead of normal. If she's likely to be hypo I'll probably have to alter my shopping list for future snakes.

Pics are all from about 24 hrs after her last shed and colours are true on my monitor (sorry for some blurriness, no one was home to help).

Enigma:
enigma1.jpg

Belly shot:
enigma_belly.jpg

Enigma with Pandora (the only other normal, non-patterned corn I have). These two are on opposite feeding schedules so I hadn't realized what a difference there was in colour between them until I took them both out for these pics:
normal_hypo_compare3.jpg

Shed comparison: Enigma's across the top, then left to right-anery, ghost, stripe:
shed_comparison.jpg

Thanks!
Pauline

I agree, that comparison picture between the other "normal" is pretty astounding. I suppose the only sure way to find out is the test breed. Either way, Its a tough call for me personally, but it looks pretty hypoish to me.

Enigma looks to have the classic bronzed belly checks and the bright colors of a hypo, especially when compared to a regular normal. I would suggest that you definitely alter your shopping list to include hypo.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments & help! :D

I'm sorry to be so long responding. I woke up sick as a dog the morning after starting this thread and today was the first day I've been up & around again.

It'll be interesting to see how Enigma's colors compare to Pandora's as they grow.

Thanks!
Pauline
BTW, Enigma was named a couple weeks before I found out about the hypo/normal thing but her name turned out to be even more fitting I think. :)

Back