• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I am in need of a popular opinion...Anery type "?"

sprdonkey

..with hatchlings blessed
I am trying to determine what type of Anery that I have here, normal pattern, very dark fellow. The centers of his dorsal pattern keep receeding to the background color, reducing every time he sheds. He was hatched by a local breeder that had no forthcoming information on his parentage and I would like to get a better handle on him for registration. Moma there was sold to me as a hypomelanistic reversed okeetee sunglow. I have also seen this saddle reduction phenomenon apparent in hatchling "Snow" corns. Any advice?

Attachments

• 101_0732.JPG
    101_0732.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 126
That's an aneryA for sure. The other one is an amel, but its white borders aren't thick enough to call it an R.O. (imho), but it has too much white to call it a sunglow. Only breeding trials will tell you if it's hypo (amel masks hypo).

Little momma there...

The breeder explained to me that the white borders around her saddles were reduced in an effort to achieve the "no white" albino. A.K.A Sunglow? Regardless of whether or not she is anything spectacular or just a regular amel I still love her. Him too. They are pretty well matched. Thanks for taking a look at him. Im just going to register them as amel and anery normals though. Without additional information it wouldn't really be fair to anybody that purchased their offspring to count on genes that weren't there. :rolleyes:

sprdonkey said:
The breeder explained to me that the white borders around her saddles were reduced in an effort to achieve the "no white" albino. A.K.A Sunglow? Regardless of whether or not she is anything spectacular or just a regular amel I still love her. Him too. They are pretty well matched. Thanks for taking a look at him. Im just going to register them as amel and anery normals though. Without additional information it wouldn't really be fair to anybody that purchased their offspring to count on genes that weren't there. :rolleyes:
Well, reverse Okeetees have thick white saddle borders and sunglows should have no white, so no corn can be both. These looks are the result of many genes. There is no "sunglow" gene or "reverse Okeetee" gene. You would be correct in registering them as amel and anery. They look great. The anery looks very much like my own. :)

I am with Dean on this one.. Looks very much like an anery A..

Regards.... Tim of T and J

Yaaaaay!

Thank you guys. I knew that Sherbert (the amel) was'nt a true reversed okeetee, but like I said, still love her. The anery is a looker, just weighed him for the first time too Tim...Jon is forbidding me to disclose his weight so that he can do the proud papa thing. NOT power fed, he is an 05 but its more than 300g.

Heres another pic of the two

Love em....I think we took this with one of our cell phones actually.

Attachments

• S-V.jpg
    S-V.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 91
Back