• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I Just Bought a Snake and i need help!!!!

Reese

Courtney Nicole
Okay... i just bought a 4 month old Grey-Banded KingSnake, and after i had already gotten it, i asked my mom if i could have a snake, (bad move, i know) she said no and that she doesn't see a snake as a pet! so i need your help, can you give me some reasons as to WHY SNAKES MAKE GOOD PETS! i'm going to be giving them to her and asking her to reconcider... she also still doesn't know i have it...

ok to start off your an idiot for trying to get your own way, no offence but its juts NOT cool to lie to your mum about something like that.

second of all, you should already know why snakes make good pets without having to ask people on here..

look through the FAQ section and make your own mind up...

silly silly silly :shrugs:

i'm not an idiot! :mad: i didn't think she would say no.... and i know some reasons, but they aren't convincing enough! :mad:

i beg to differ...

where are you keeping the snake exactly, your mother cant be that stupid that she wouldnt spot the necessary sized viv the snake requires...

I had bought her from my Biology Teacher in the first place, he said i could keep her there til i convince my mom.

Elle...there is no need to be ugly. Name-calling is immature at best.

There are several good posts about convincing someone to let you have a snake for a pet. First of all, you need to start by being honest with your mom. Tell her how important owning a snake is to you and you need to let her know that you already got one. Owning up to your mistake is a good way to show her that you can be responsible.

Be certain that your mom knows you are planning on paying for your snake's care. ALSO, be responsible by making sure your tank is escape proof. If your mom is afraid of snakes, you will have a BIG problem if your snake escapes!

Good luck and please keep us posted!

CornCrazy said:

oh of course... ill behave :cool:

And new person thingy whatever your called, i totally agree with Mrs crazy.
you NEED to be honest before the situation can be resolved...

You have made a bit of a mistake dont you agree?

best of luck

i already bought an esape proof lid, she's not really afriad... i think she just thinks snakes smell bad. i told her they only do if you don't clean the tank. but at the time she was in florida on vaca and said she would talk about it when she got back (she came home last night)i'm just getting ready and preping myself to talk to her.... so i posted on here thinking someone would help me out with some good reasons to propose to my mom, then i got called an idoit for just trying to get some help!

CornCrazy said:

I agree. What is done is done. You start name calling and this person may leave the forum and that will not help the snake in the long run, which is most important.
With that said:

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!! There is a lot of information here. Be sure to read the FAQ section in the forums. They answer a lot of questions

Do you already have the cage/tank and other equipment for the snake.

Reese said:
i already bought an esape proof lid, she's not really afriad... i think she just thinks snakes smell bad. i told her they only do if you don't clean the tank. but at the time she was in florida on vaca and said she would talk about it when she got back (she came home last night)i'm just getting ready and preping myself to talk to her.... so i posted on here thinking someone would help me out with some good reasons to propose to my mom, then i got called an idoit for just trying to get some help!
I am sorry you got called an idiot. I do not agree with Elle's tactics. I hope you will be able to find all the help you need.

Tula_Montage said:
oh of course... ill behave :cool:

And new person thingy whatever your called, i totally agree with Mrs crazy.
you NEED to be honest before the situation can be resolved...

You have made a bit of a mistake dont you agree?

best of luck

wow, my 7 year old sister is more mature than you, you don't have to be so rude! i already admitted i made a mistake, so good job by you! why to state the obvious!

Reese, try showing her some pics of other grey bands. Try to find some of them being held, maybe once she sees that they pose no threat, she'll change her mind :shrugs:
Here's a few you can use if you like. Best of luck :wavey:

Reese said:
wow, my 7 year old sister is more mature than you, you don't have to be so rude! i already admitted i made a mistake, so good job by you! why to state the obvious!

ok listen... your reply there has just proven the obvious... you dont think things through (which is blantently obvious!!! *caugh caugh*)

And im sorry if my honest approach doesnt suit you or others on this forum...

Dont get wound up ok... save your energy for talking to your mum

like i said previously, BEST OF LUCK!!! :cheers: :twoguns:

that really helps and is a good idea, thank you! i'll try it! i really want to keep my snake, i love her already!

btw, my snakes name is Reese... that why my username is the way it is! when i first saw her i thought of reese's peanut butter cups... lol

Reese said:
btw, my snakes name is Reese... that why my username is the way it is! when i first saw her i thought of reese's peanut butter cups... lol
Oh, sorry, shall I refer to you as Registered User :grin01:

Putting levity in angry threads, it's what I do :wavey:

Reese said:
that really helps and is a good idea, thank you! i'll try it! i really want to keep my snake, i love her already!

If thats her in your avatar, then she is a stunner... if you dont mind me asking, how much?

lol, u can refer to me as Courtney or Reese or Registered user, haha whatever u prefer!

thats not her but she looks very similar, i paid $50 for her, my teacher said he wasn't wanting to make a profit out of his snakes, he just wants good homes for them.

How big is the snake? Take your Mom to a pet store (make sure it's a clean one), after you tell her that you already purchased one. She can see for herself that they don't smell. Also while your there pick up a book on kings so your Mom can read it with you before you bring it home. If you show an effort to learn about the pet with her, she may give in. You can also get prices on things you'll need, I suggest a critter cage with sliding screen lid and bracket so it can be locked if she's afraid of escapes and show her those. You can also mention they only eat every five days while young which is even cheaper than keeping any other kind of pet. Other than that, I would probably show her this site as well since education is half the battle. Good luck...

Back