• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i want to breed my corn snake but i need a male you will recieve pick of the litter.

i_luv_my_gucci

I want to breed my female corn snake gucci but i need a male for her to breed with. if you have a male that she can breed with it would be extreamly good!! she is in very good health and you could if wanted meet my snake and i you will also recieve pick of the litter. so if you are interested email me at
[email protected]
PS: i also live in the barrie ontario region

I'm not sure if you'll get responses, but I do think pics of your snake would help also size and morph, hets.... susang

Sorry I had to laugh, this being your first post and all.

I think I'll pass. Your too young to make deal with and you live to far away.

But maybe someone from you neck of the wood will call. :)

Enjoy.

Do you know what's involved in breeding them? What supplies do you have? Do you have buyers for the hatchlings? What morph is your corn? How much does she weigh?

Jrgh17 said:
Do you know what's involved in breeding them? What supplies do you have? Do you have buyers for the hatchlings? What morph is your corn? How much does she weigh?

I just hope you aren't assuming because shes only 16 or whatever and that it is her first post she is clueless. Everyone has to start somewhere. I remember getting very annoyed when I posted a question about genetics of my snake and breeding as my 3rd post that some members responded with things like 'You do know all hatchlings need housed seperately and will need sold? You'll need an incubator' etc etc.

Not having a go, and perhaps this person doesn't know what shes doing, but I should think most people research before thinking about breeding. I'd done hours of research and was quite offended that people here took it for granted that I was clueless because it was my 3rd post and I'm young. :)

blckkat said:
At that, generally it's a 50/50 split of the clutch...
Yep! Unless you are working with very odd, high-end animals, the pick of the litter is not much of a gain for the loaner.

i_luv_my_gucci said:
I want to breed my female corn snake gucci but i need a male for her to breed with. if you have a male that she can breed with it would be extreamly good!! she is in very good health and you could if wanted meet my snake and i you will also recieve pick of the litter. so if you are interested email me at
[email protected]
PS: i also live in the barrie ontario region

It's not really her age that screams "noob" to me. It's the fact that she gave no important information about Gucci. We don't know her age, weight, morph or possible hets. We have no way or knowing if Gucci is of breeding age or can lay a clutch safely, or even what type of male to pair her up with. And "pick of the litter"? That's DOGS, not snakes!

HELP!!! Her

You know I agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying, and yeah maybe she used the word litter instead of clutch, and maybe she isn't ready for breeding yet, but for those of you that actually know something about breeding, mybe you could give her advice about it and not heckle her because she used the wrong word.

Give her places to get good info online, or tell her a book to get, or ask if she needs help figuring out how to set it up. I am interested in breeding also, even though my corns are new borns, I have a royal py, that I would love to try to breed.

Last time i checked thats what the forum is for, to get help not to bash people, because of there age, or there new at something.

I'm in the "cut her some slack. Everyone has to start somewhere" camp. Rather than flame her (how do you know the OP is a female - I missed that?) over what she doesn't know, how about offering to help her learn? People make HUMAN BABIES with less preperation! As she learns everything that's involved, she'll make an informed decision as to whether she's prepared to follow through with it.

To the OP, I do suggest you read/research/ask questions until you know all you need to know. Don't have specific suggestions for finding someone local to you who would be willing to 'partner' with you, but I'm sure there's ways to search this forum or other websites (craigslist, facebook, etc) that might help.

Best of luck!

MerlinsPop said:
I'm in the "cut her some slack. Everyone has to start somewhere" camp. Rather than flame her (how do you know the OP is a female - I missed that?) over what she doesn't know, how about offering to help her learn? People make HUMAN BABIES with less preperation! As she learns everything that's involved, she'll make an informed decision as to whether she's prepared to follow through with it.

To the OP, I do suggest you read/research/ask questions until you know all you need to know. Don't have specific suggestions for finding someone local to you who would be willing to 'partner' with you, but I'm sure there's ways to search this forum or other websites (craigslist, facebook, etc) that might help.

Best of luck!

I'm glad you agree merlin, and yes, craigslist is where I got my corns for almost nothing, alot of people either don't have room for them, or they don't want to deal with them anymore, the snakes I've recieved from craigslist have been in good shape, just make sure you ask to see the snake before you buy it, and I would also be willing to see if you could get it sexed before you buy.

At the very least, start with the pertinent information. What kind of corn? How old? What breeder did you get her from? What is her weight? Any het. genes? Did you plan to brumate your snake, both snakes, or did you expect the loaner to brumate? Who will make the pairing and incubate the eggs? What morphs are you interested in pairing her with?

I am almost always in the "cut them some slack" category, but a post like this one definitely sends up a lot of red flags(and none of them have to do with age). Nobody wants to loan out a male without having any information. And anyone posting a request like this that DOES know what is going on, would probably be very specific in what they were looking for, and how it would work out.

To the O.P.--I wish you luck in your search. I hope you have done your research and are aware of everything that breeding entails before you get the male and female together.

beaniebopps said:
I just hope you aren't assuming because shes only 16 or whatever and that it is her first post she is clueless. Everyone has to start somewhere. I remember getting very annoyed when I posted a question about genetics of my snake and breeding as my 3rd post that some members responded with things like 'You do know all hatchlings need housed seperately and will need sold? You'll need an incubator' etc etc.

Not having a go, and perhaps this person doesn't know what shes doing, but I should think most people research before thinking about breeding. I'd done hours of research and was quite offended that people here took it for granted that I was clueless because it was my 3rd post and I'm young. :)

Beanie, I appreciate your attempt to do research. Fact is, the majority (over 50%) of people don't. I said absolutely nothing about her age or post count. In fact, I didn't even look at them.

The 'red flag' for me was the fact that she said "I want to breed, but I need a male." Typically, people who are serious about breeding and have done a lot of research will be MUCH more specific. What does she want to create? A clutch of normals is going to be a hard sell. Quite frankly, I would ask anyone the questions I asked above.

It simply comes down to the fact that I care more about the lives of the animals than the feelings of the people. Anyone who has the intelligence, maturity, and responsibility to breed would EXPECT someone to ask those questions.

MO said:
You know I agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying, and yeah maybe she used the word litter instead of clutch, and maybe she isn't ready for breeding yet, but for those of you that actually know something about breeding, mybe you could give her advice about it and not heckle her because she used the wrong word.

Give her places to get good info online, or tell her a book to get, or ask if she needs help figuring out how to set it up. I am interested in breeding also, even though my corns are new borns, I have a royal py, that I would love to try to breed.

Last time i checked thats what the forum is for, to get help not to bash people, because of there age, or there new at something.

Mine was the first response and I did try to help her, anyone would want to know these answers before moving on. How bout not bashing the more experienced on this forum. I didn't even look at her age.

Im not naming names, but some people might have been a bit harsh on her. And her thread was taked pretty off topic.

Its all good, I don't anyone was particularily harsh without reason anyway.

So owner of Gucci, come back on and tell us how old you snake is, how much it weighs, what morph it is, if it has any hets (what were it parents could help?) and you may get some resonse.

"A bunch of normals is a hard sale"

I am breeding next spring, and its quite possible all I will get is a bunch of normals, maybe 1/4 snows, but nothing special. Maybe I won't be able to sell them to breeders, but I am doing it for a satisfaction not for the money, I'll give them all away free to good homes if it comes to that, as long as they'll get looked after.

Sorry, but I see no flaming or anyone being harsh.
To me. It did have red flags al over it. And some 16 people react before they think about it.

And I'm thinking troll here.

Its all good, I don't anyone was particularily harsh without reason anyway.

So owner of Gucci, come back on and tell us how old you snake is, how much it weighs, what morph it is, if it has any hets (what were it parents could help?) and you may get some resonse.

"A bunch of normals is a hard sale"

I am breeding next spring, and its quite possible all I will get is a bunch of normals, maybe 1/4 snows, but nothing special. Maybe I won't be able to sell them to breeders, but I am doing it for a satisfaction not for the money, I'll give them all away free to good homes if it comes to that, as long as they'll get looked after.

Hey I was wondering what snakes your breeding in order to only maybe get 1/4 snows? Im kind of new to the whole outcome thing.

Back