• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ID help; Granite Stripe?

Looks too light to be an Anery Stripe, to me. They don't have the extreme head stamping that their Granite sibs do, though I've hatched Blood/Diffuseds from different clutches this year and the variance is insane between them.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Thanks peeps!

The first signs of homo diffusion I look for in stripes is on their head. Neither of snakes' heads look diffused to me. I'd say anery stripes, but that's just me.

What was the pairing that produced them?

I'd like to see the belly scales, too. Any chance there is surprise hypo? What were the parents? I'd think known bloodred is more likely that unsuspected hypo.

They look like anery stripes to me. They are too dark to be ghosts and I don't see any indication of diffuse in them (lateral stripes are distinct from what I can see of them). Both motley and stripe will lighten up an anery a bit and can be confusing, especially after the hatchling has shed a couple of times.

A good example of how light an anery stripe can look, here is a yearling female, proven later to not be carrying any hypo.

Then there are some progression photos of the same anery motley after her first shed, then at 2 months, about 4 months and 5 1/2 months.

Attachments

• Anery stripe Aug '08.jpg
    Anery stripe Aug '08.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 6-25-11 - A.jpg
    014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 6-25-11 - A.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 8-24-11 - A.jpg
    014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 8-24-11 - A.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 10-17-11 - A.jpg
    014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 10-17-11 - A.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 12-5-11 - A.jpg
    014 anery motley het dilute caramel stripe - F - 12-5-11 - A.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 116
Thanks, guys! What about these two?

39.jpg

40.jpg

I'm thinking Bloodred Stripe on the first but not so sure on the second?

Will try and get belly pics and closer head pics for you guys.

The pairing was Anery het. Bloodred, Stripe x Bloodred het. Anery, Stripe.

The stripe was actually a complete surprise! Completely unrelated snakes from different countries, actually. Had no idea!

With the masque head and lack of lateral stripes (very hard to tell due to the almost complete dorsal photo), I think you're correct that the first one is a diffuse stripe. I wouldn't call the second one diffuse without seeing the belly, but I will have to admit, my experience with diffuse stripes is limited to the discussions on this forum. Finding "clear" scales on the belly would clinch any of these as being diffuse for me.

Back