• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ID help, please -- so many choices

SarahP

Crazy Snake Lady Trainee
So, Baptiste, who I am now convinced is a ghost, given the number of hypo+ babies he made, apparently had a surprise charcoal het, as well. Hey, not complaining.

But, it does mean I'm kind of puzzled over one (or two) of his babies.

Any ideas on this little one?

lilpewter-72413_zpsfe12470d.jpg

lilpewterb-72413_zpsa02e92b8.jpg

Its eyes are blue, but I need to take a really good look to see whether the pupils are black or ruby. I -think- they're black. The belly is check-free.

I've been calling it a pewter, but it's very light compared to my other pewter. It has not yet shed, so that will make a difference, but...

Hypo pewter? It doesn't look light enough for that, even as an unshed hatcling, to me. Do the lavender morphs always have ruby pupils, ruling out something like a pewter lav?

ok.....

The area directly behind the eye is "Blushing"....That's the charcoal. Belly has no checks? Either Diffusion, Stripe, Or Motley. Clearly it's not Motley or stripe.

So we have Diffused Charcoal (Pewter) so far. I'm Saying No "Hypo" in this one.

Is Lavender a Possibility? Don't Know the parents Genetics.

So....At a guess....

I'd Say Pewter.

For Comparison....I'll add a Pic of a hatchling Hypo Pewter that could be a Hypo Lavender Pewter....but we'll have to wait to breed him to see. Note the eyes.

Attachments

• l3.JPG
    l3.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 155
  • l2.JPG
    l2.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 154
Are you sure it's not motley? The neck area does suggest it, even if the rest of the markings aren't too motley-ish :)

Rich: Yes, lavender's a possibility. Both are het lav and we got both a lavender and a plasma from the same clutch, so the gene is present.

Isodael: Neither parent is motley, nor was I told they were het for it, so, pretty sure. :)

The parents, for what it's worth, are a charcoal het diff, hypo and lav x ghost het diff, lav and charcoal.

It may be just my monitor but I don't see any signs of charcoal, the eye looks anery and there is no "charcoal" eye liner above the eye. Could I be seeing it wrong?
It almost looks to me to have lavender showing in one or two of the pics so my monitor could be way off.
Great looking animal
John

John,

I see what your saying.

Sarah,

Any chance your Charcoal is actually an Anery?

That would make Moonstone? Lavender Granites? You got me...... :shrugs:

Nah!

Going to Stand by my guess. :)

salome-1-Oct12.jpg

This is Salome. :) The very faint yellow you can see on her is the picture and does not exist on her in RL at all, so I'm pretty sure she's not an anery.

I never was Much good at these games.....

Just got a message from a 'lil birdie that says " Female Lavender"

Seems There's some flecking on the belly...... Masque?

Confused yet?

LOL. Totally confused. Thus I turned to you guys. :)

I will try to get a shot of the belly but there really aren't any flecks. Does it have masque? Possibly, as Nanci saw it on some of the other diff worms, and I do have some with split belly checks, etc.

lillav-72413_zps64383646.jpg

This is the lav we got. Hypo lav? Heck, I don't even know any more.

It may be a dark lavender, I guess, with a clear belly and... yeah. I give up. XD

Shed is coming. Maybe that will clear it up. Or help.

I'm seeing lavender, not charcoal.

This is my anery-charcoal-lavender, Galena, before her first shed. You can clearly see the charcoal influence in the black eyes and the 'blue eyeshadow'. She also has a low contrast head pattern, whereas yours is high contrast.

2lc2.jpg

I still don't know for sure what she is, but here she is, nearly four months later.

Definitely a lavender something. :)

lilpewter-111813-2_zps3d88ac5a.jpg

lilpewter-111813_zps3e61a6b9.jpg

lilpewter-111813-belly_zpsefbf5288.jpg

Back