• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ideas for habitat?

gypsyrose

I wanted to make some really cool habitats for my kids corn snakes. I could really use some ideas. Corn chowder is in a 15g and Diesel is in a 40g currently. I want something really cool and will have $200 for each habitat to spend.

You can do amazing things with fake-rock hides, some silk plants, vines and branches. You have to think that OK, your terrarium will be amazing but poop spotting-scooping may be difficult if you have lots of stuff inside, and full vivarium cleaning will be tedious and time consuming.

I like the caves from AllLivingThings that are sold at Petsmart. I have the waterbowl and warm side hide styles of those for my snake. I also have this great stick-like structure thing that goes all the way up to the top of my viv for climbing. It looks like real wood but its some resin structure actually.

As for fake plants - I like the look and the fact they give some privacy but cleaning them is a pain so I actually suction them to the outside of the viv! So my snake gets some privacy and it looks nice and natural but I'm not constantly cleaning them.

Also, I have seen some really cool backdrops that are 3D so they look like rock faces. Those are pretty cool too.

I think it is very cool you are designing vivs for your kids! Good luck with them, I would love to see pics when you finish.

Back