• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

intro and info

slave600

hey ppl, just getting back into the hobby after a few years of being out of it. college gave me a chance to own and breed a lot of cool reptiles, but i sold it all after i graduated and kept 1 rattlesnake (massassauga) and bought another recently. had a good offer on 2 corns and took it. now i have a 40 gallon breeder well set up to house a few more to breed w/ my new pets.

-basically i/ve owned all the mainstream reptiles, and some very unique animals, too!! (6ft. salvator water monitor, dwarf spectacled caiman, 9 ft. carpet X diamond hybrid python, and some wicked venomous)

-however in the past 5-6 years since i got out of the hobby some new morphs have shown up. and..... i bought 2 morphs that really didn't exist when i was breeding corns. so help a fellow out if u can.

-descriptions: 1 has white base color w/ yellow predominantly on the chin/ neck w/ "green" saddle colors. (possible anerythristic, focused xanthism, and hypomelanistic??)
1 has same colors as first but has pink inside of saddles giving it a ring of "green" around pink saddles????)
will add pics l8r

pics

here are some pics that may lend some credibility to my description.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 47
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 47
bottom has the odd green saddle color, top has predominantly pink saddles w/ some green rings around saddles. odd??? new to me, at least

What you have there appears to be snow corns. Snows are amelanistic (gene that removes the black) and anerythryistic (gene that removes the red) they are really rather common. The yellow on the sides is not unusual, and the greenish tinge to the saddles is often known as a "pink and green" snow corn. Nice snakes!

kinda wondering if the green is something i never noticed or if it wasn't as pronounced in the snow's i had for a breeding project about 7 years ago? didn't keep them long enough to breed them, but never noticed green. is the green a combination of a small amount of black (hypomelanism) and the addition or amplification of yellow (xanthism)?? or just an odd occurrence?

It sometimes just happens, but also is something that gets selectively bred for. If you use the search button on toolbar and type in "pink and green snow" you will likely find quite a few pics of stunning examples. Yours does look nice, usually the green part doesn't come through in photograph so I bet the snake is really pretty in real life as well.

There's a selectively-bred variant called a Green-Spot Snow, so this green colouration is a known feature.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!!! I live in Charlotte as well!

May I ask where you went to college? You said you were able to breed reptiles in college and I know I would love to do that!

lived off campus, but i attended catawba college in salisbury. it's a private school but has a great environmental science dept. which was what i majored in.

Back