• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this a regular sunkissed or something else?

SnakeLady1990

~Miss Christina~
My boyfriend and I went to our first expo yesterday. We ended up buying an adult corn snake that is 4 years old and a male. We were told it is a sunkissed corn snake. Very pretty. After looking at some photos on here and online, we noticed that this sunkissed looked more like a lava sunkissed.

Would anyone be able to verify this? The people we bought them from said they bought it as a classroom pet. They had this one, a bloodred, and another one with a lot of hets. Then three baby amels and a baby snow corn. (They gave the baby corn snake to us for FREE!!!)

He has no black pigment and also no white pigment and a very distinct pattern. Here are the photos.

P1010009.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Doesn't look sunkissed at all. I agree with Jim, looks like a nice amel motley.

Were you perhaps told sunGLOW?

No, his container says sunkissed...and after looking at different sunkissed photos, he looked a lot like a lava sunkissed on Ians Vivarium website.

So would it be a motly anything or just a normal sunglow? I am starting to wonder if the guy got it mixed up and put sunkissed instead of sunglow...

If it was a sunglow...would it be a normal one or a motly?

How would I find out exactly what it is?

Does it have a plain white belly without any checkers.
if yes it is a amel motley.
Think the dude mixed it up this lil cutie isnt a sunkissed at all!

Does the belly have a checkerboard pattern at all? Alternating 'squares' of white and cream or orange and cream, etc?

And yes, that is a sunglow. If you have contact info for the person who sold you this animal, you should probably inform him of that.... and depending on how much you spent on this animal......

Does the belly have a checkerboard pattern at all? Alternating 'squares' of white and cream or orange and cream, etc?

And yes, that is a sunglow. If you have contact info for the person who sold you this animal, you should probably inform him of that.... and depending on how much you spent on this animal......

He was only $50 and we got a free baby snow corn snake with it. He wasn't trying to make money off it. Just was getting out of them.

He tried to give us three other baby amel corns but we didn't want them all, lol. Too many all at once and we didn't have the extra tanks for that many babies.

I'm not too worried about what the guy siad...I think he was confused with it all. I was just wondering what he was because I was thinking of breeding him later on.

I do have his contact info and already emailed him.

But he did give us a $25 snow corn free so I'm not to 'unhappy', haha. I do not know much about corn snake morphs...I am more of a ball python morph freak and learning about those still. I'd love to learn more about corn morphs but I get soo confused..there are so many that look so similar. haha.

Is there a way I could breed it out and see what it gets to find out what it is?

Here is my Amel Motley. He has a little too much white for me to call him a Sunglow. Very similar to your new snake...

DSC_0675.jpg

Ok, so I didn't overpay, lol. And we got a free snow corn. Sweet. $50 for two snakes.

Yeah, when I look close up to his scales they are not pure orange...a little smallish white is there but you have to look super close to see it on the actual scales...

So amel motley it is ;) If I breed him to a normal amel, could I get more amel motleys?!?! I have a female amel...she is still growing though.

Back